Pregame: Illinois vs BYU (United Center), Saturday, December 17th, 8:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the ex-Cougar but current Wolverine, who had an impressive outing in his teams victory over BYU?

Weren't a few of these guys on the Lone Peak squad who came into the Chi as preps and dominated Simeon. These guys will be ready to play.

Pretty bored, so I thought I would post our attendance (according to Wikipedia) from past United Center games and see how much the figures correlated to our opponents/our ranking at the time.

ILLINI REGULAR SEASON UNITED CENTER GAMES

1998-99: 11,084 for Illinois over Bradley
1999-00: 20,143 for #17 Duke over #16 Illinois
1999-00: 16,714 for #20 Illinois over #8 Kansas
2000-01: 21,885 for #5 Illinois over #7 Arizona
2001-02: 18,671 for #5 Illinois over Arkansas
2002-03: 13,361 for #15 Illinois over Temple
2002-03: 15,429 for #20 Illinois over Northwestern
2003-04: 15,398 for #11 Illinois over Arkansas
2003-04: 15,415 for #20 Illinois over UIC
2004-05: 21,224 for #1 Illinois over Oregon
2005-06: 19,833 for #12 Illinois over Xavier
2006-07: 16,424 for Illinois over UIC
2007-08: 19,573 for #24 Arizona over Illinois
2008-09: 12,139 for Illinois over Georgia
2009-10: 20,917 for Gonzaga over Illinois
2010-11: 13,117 for UIC over Illinois :tsk:
2011-12: 15,144 for UNLV over Illinois
2012-13: 18,136 for Illinois over Auburn
2013-14: 13,017 for Illinois over UIC
2014-15: 13,759 for Oregon over Illinois
2015-16: 5,151 for Illinois over UIC :eek:

Hmmm... What are those funny numbers doing in front of Illinois? They seem to stop after 2005-2006...

Who is the ex-Cougar but current Wolverine, who had an impressive outing in his teams victory over BYU?

Isaac Neilson who is a rs junior for the Utah Valley Wolverines. He's averaging 14.6ppg, 10.7rpg, and 1.2apg. I'm sure he's around a block per game too. 6'11"/245#'s

Attendance

May be I am just completely out of touch but I would think the objective of playing in Chicago would be to generate interest for potential recruits as well as alumni. Just wondering how many kids from Simeon can afford to pay $95 (cheapest tickets available) for a pair of tickets. Don't know the relationship between the promoter and UI but would find a less expensive venue to draw kids. Basically saying I would not go!

May be I am just completely out of touch but I would think the objective of playing in Chicago would be to generate interest for potential recruits as well as alumni. Just wondering how many kids from Simeon can afford to pay $95 (cheapest tickets available) for a pair of tickets. Don't know the relationship between the promoter and UI but would find a less expensive venue to draw kids. Basically saying I would not go!

Luckily kids these days know how to use computers/smart phones. You can get the cheap seats for $45 today on Stub Hub. I'm sure it will be lower by Saturday.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
I have seen BYU play a couple of times. IMO, the metrics haven't caught up to these guys yet (they will be falling in the KenPom rankings etc) They are quite poor defensively and are a different team outside of Utah. IMO BYU will have a gaudy record at the end of the year but they aren't a tournament team.

Illinois 76
BYU 66

blmillini

Bloomington, IL

How many kids from Simeon with any chance of playing at Illinois would have to pay anything for a ticket?

Kipper wasn't a heavily recruited player out of HS, ended up at Tulane.

So I'm not expecting that much out of him this year.

3rd or 4th option off the bench might be the ceiling.

If he exceeds that so much the better.

I've seen him practice a couple of times. He is better than that. Will he get immediate time? Don't know since they are playing pretty well right now and Groce may want to keep things the same. But I think he is pretty good. I know one of the guys who covers the Illini says that it is Kipper, Williams, and Jordan in that order for backup wings.

IlliniMed

Lillington, N.C.
am I the only one shocked at the prices they are charging for the game in chicago? I just came in from North Carolina for winter break and i was SHOCKED to see chicago blackhawk prices for the upper level. WDF?

HisRoyalFrankness

Chicago, IL
am I the only one shocked at the prices they are charging for the game in chicago? I just came in from North Carolina for winter break and i was SHOCKED to see chicago blackhawk prices for the upper level. WDF?

Honestly, I am shocked too. I am still on the fence on going Saturday, but two tickets cost $100 total with fees in the 300 level?? Not one to normally complain on ticket prices, but these prices lack plain common sense with the state of the program. Right now you can still get row 1 of section 306, so I am guessing empty 300 level sections on Saturday.

Honestly, I am shocked too. I am still on the fence on going Saturday, but two tickets cost $100 total with fees in the 300 level?? Not one to normally complain on ticket prices, but these prices lack plain common sense with the state of the program. Right now you can still get row 1 of section 306, so I am guessing empty 300 level sections on Saturday.

Using the Promo Code STATE, you can get a ticket to two basketball games for $34/$42.50 + $7.63/$7.80 (Fee) = $41.63/$50.30 each. I think that's a fabulous deal.

I expect ticket prices on StubHub to drop before the game, so I'm waiting until I can get the best price possible. Plus, I like to pick my seats, which Ticketmaster doesn't allow online (which is stupid...)

HisRoyalFrankness

Chicago, IL
Using the Promo Code STATE, you can get a ticket to two basketball games for $34/$42.50 + $7.63/$7.80 (Fee) = $41.63/$50.30 each. I think that's a fabulous deal.

I expect ticket prices on StubHub to drop before the game, so I'm waiting until I can get the best price possible. Plus, I like to pick my seats, which Ticketmaster doesn't allow online (which is stupid...)

Appreciate the code, that is much better! I think sneaking down to the 100 or 200 level may be easier too with the double header.

Hmmm... What are those funny numbers doing in front of Illinois? They seem to stop after 2005-2006...

I feel ya. :(

I used to get so mad when people would say, "I don't care about rankings!" or, "We lose whenever we're ranked, I'd prefer we weren't ranked and stayed hungry!" during the 2009-2013 stretch when it seemed like we'd always climb in at least once (only to finish outside of them). I definitely care about rankings. Not only is it a sense of pride to be a fixture in the top 25, you get more coverage on virtually every sports site anywhere, people who hadn't heard much about your team yet just assume you're good (which is great for perception) and I honestly believe it plays a huge (if subconscious) role in the committee's Tournament seeding. Gimme that beautiful number next to "ILLINOIS" seven days a week and twice on Sunday!

Which site are you using the code on?

Ticketmaster.

Post #65 from the Tickets Thread:

Hello Illinois basketball fans! On December 17th your Illini take on BYU at the United Center. Proceeding the game, Northwestern will play Dayton. Tickets provide access to both games.

Use promo code STATE here to purchase your discounted tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Werner had TA on his podcast today, if anyone could find the link for me that'd be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.