Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs DePaul
Friday, November 17th
7:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Hopefully, we have a good week of practice and cleanup the mistakes.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
How long has it been since Illinois played DePaul? Several years I think.

Good to see an in-state rivalry renewed.

Lucy727

Des Plaines, Il
How long has it been since Illinois played DePaul? Several years I think.

Good to see an in-state rivalry renewed.

Said on radio Illinois last played them in 1957. Loooong time ago.

frozenrope9190

Aurora, IL
This should be fun, and I hope it continues for several more years, regardless of this years' outcome.

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
For the sake of any listeners of Chicago sports radio, we must win this game.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
I feel very not good about this game. I hope we win but DePaul played a 14th ranked ND pretty tight most of the game. Notre Dame hadn't gone up by 10pts till 8:30 left in the 2nd half.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I feel very not good about this game. I hope we win but DePaul played a 14th ranked ND pretty tight most of the game. Notre Dame hadn't gone up by 10pts till 8:30 left in the 2nd half.

I don't feel good about any of our games right now. At our current level, we are very beatable. Glad BU teams have a tendency to improve.

We are 12-6 against DePaul all time with last game being in 1957 and Illini won in C/U 75-70.

If this game is 20mins, I am confident that it is a comfortable W for :illinois:

But I am really worried about our gas running out again at final 10mins of 2nd half.

Anyone can give a head up on how deep is this Depaul roster?

Deleted member 11241

D
I received an awesome phone call this morning from a friend who happened to have one extra ticket to this game from the company he works for. It's not just any extra ticket either, they have reserved seating in the Legacy Club!! Looking forward to enjoying that and hopefully enjoying an Illini beatdown at the same time

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
If this game is 20mins, I am confident that it is a comfortable W for :illinois:

But I am really worried about our gas running out again at final 10mins of 2nd half.

Anyone can give a head up on how deep is this Depaul roster?

Looks like they went about 7 deep against ND. 7 guys with 13 minutes or more. Good size. Guards are big

Starting lineup was 6-11, 6-7, 6-6, 6-6, 6-2. Two main guys off the bench, 6-9 and 6-5.

Didn't shoot well from anywhere, overall, threes or FTs.

Only 4 turnovers. Not sure if ND pressured much or not.

They play tonight on FS2.

IllFanInMi

I
Looks like they went about 7 deep against ND. 7 guys with 13 minutes or more. Good size. Guards are big

Starting lineup was 6-11, 6-7, 6-6, 6-6, 6-2. Two main guys off the bench, 6-9 and 6-5.

Didn't shoot well from anywhere, overall, threes or FTs.

Only 4 turnovers. Not sure if ND pressured much or not.

They play tonight on FS2.

I watched entire game vs ND, and two bad possessions early in 2nd half started the momentum to ND, it was even until then; ND also caught fire big time from three to open it up mid way through 2nd half.

This DePaul team has a lot of new faces, quality transfers, size, and most importantly discipline that has been lacking for years. Leito seems to have his guys, playing like a well coached team as he learned from Cahoun and others. I’ve watched a lot of DePaul games, and their quality of play seems to be much improved. Not gonna lie, big fan of DePaul my entire life, along with the Illini of course.

I think this game will be an extreme challenge for both clubs, DePaul bigs could
be a major problem.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
Rivalry? Just like Northwestern?

IMHO, not "just like" Northwestern, but pretty close. I don't consider DePaul or Northwestern to be one of our rivals... I could be wrong in my opinion but, I don't consider any of the in-state teams to be a true rivalry with the Illini.

illini80

Forgottonia
I've been expecting us to lay an egg or two. Really hope this isn't one.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
I've been expecting us to lay an egg or two. Really hope this isn't one.

I think the week of practice and scouting prep will be big. Plus this is an opponent with some name recognition, which should help with focus.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I think the week of practice and scouting prep will be big. Plus this is an opponent with some name recognition, which should help with focus.

I'm with you, Matt. If we can take care of business against DePaul, Marshall will be another great test of our mental toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.