Pregame: Illinois vs Eastern Michigan, Saturday, September 14th, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Eastern Michigan (Memorial Stadium, Champaign, IL)
Saturday, September 14th
11:00am CT
BTN

Tickets / Parking

:illinois:

They hung around with Kentucky and kept it to 2 scores until the 4th quarter.

Looking from afar, Kentucky is a better football team than us.

Guessing we will squeak this one out by 6.

After what we say in person at the UCONN game, I'm expecting another one too close for comfort. Didn't really breathe a sigh of relief yesterday until after time expired.

breadman

Herndon, VA
After what we say in person at the UCONN game, I'm expecting another one too close for comfort. Didn't really breathe a sigh of relief yesterday until after time expired.

And after what I saw sitting in my easy chair in my man cave sipping a brewski in far off tv land, I'm kind of with you on your observation. However, this is the second week in a row we have removed a team from the undefeated ranks with a third opportunity to do the same this week. And as Lovie was saying in his post game presser, he is choosing to accentuate the positive this week.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO

Correction to my original post below: I looked up NCAA stats and the Illini rush defense is actually #17 at 1.68 yards/rush allowed and tied for #25 with 64 yards rushing allowed per game. The stats presented in the link are confusing. Still, great improvement by the Illini rush defense.

Illini rush defense #2 in the nation with 1.1 yards/run allowed and #24 in opponent rush yards/game. I know we haven't played any powerhouse teams, but this is a significant improvement from the past few years.

E Michigan vs Illinois Rushing

EMUValue (rank)Value (rank)ILL
Rush Play %60.34% (#21)48.91% (#52)Opp Rush Play %
Yards/Rush2.9 (#76)1.1 (#2)Opp Yards/Rush
Rushes/Game17.5 (#91)33.5 (#74)Opp Rushes/Game
Rush Yards/Game51.5 (#88)37.0 (#24)Opp Rush Yards/Game

Last edited:
I will take a 1pt win and move on, E Mich would beat Uconn on a neutral field by at least 2 TD

Deleted member 654622

D
At home with a better crowd but not great. Team got a decent slap in the face to wake up. I like @mikedILLINI's prediction. But I'll go with 39-24

Deleted member 29907

D
At home with a better crowd but not great. Team got a decent slap in the face to wake up. I like @mikedILLINI's prediction. But I'll go with 39-24
If Corbin and our safeties are back - I am good with this. Home is home and I think our first away game is always going to cause concern and then with Corbin out - yikes. Have to believe UConn played above themselves yesterday given all the comments and their Frosh QB actually gave them a spark (along with his turnovers).

illiniswish09

Northwest Suburbs
Just find a way. Then a HUGE home game vs Braska in what should be a sellout crowd.

I love the mindset here, but even Penn State last year wasn't close to a sell out, at least from actual attendance.
Got me thinking, would Nebraska being undefeated going into this game draw a bigger crowd locally or the fact that they already lost so its increases the possibility of winning the game draw more people? Just a thought

we didnt sell beer last year!!
🍻🍺

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
If Adams and Corbin are back, I like Illinois by 10-17. If not, I think it's a win but could be a nailbiter.

Home game, following a wake up call, I think Illinois rolls. All that said, I STILL think this is a 5-7 team.

I’ll go with slightly better D than last week but offense doesn’t lay on the gas. 27-13 Illini.

If we win this I could see a sell out for Nebby given they seem beatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.