Pregame: Illinois vs Georgetown, Tuesday, November 13th, 7:30pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 746094

D
I know going from high school to high level college basketball is a big leap, but I hope this is where “recruiting winners” pays dividends. We should be recruiting kids from successful programs that are playing a high level of competition in which they have been in big time games. We know Ayo and Andre have played and performed well on the biggest of stages in their careers to this point. Trent showed that he is more than capable in the moment. Missing free throws in a blow out doesn’t necessarily concern me (although FT’s should be near automatic). I think these three love the spotlight and having the ball in their hands where as years past we had guys that just stood around hoping someone else would step up so they didn’t have to fail. I have a feeling BU will have options moving forward as to who wants the ball in their hands in the big moments. Time will tell...

so hyped for the game against Georgetown tomorrow . GO ILLINI!

I have to fly into Chicago for work tomorrow. Are there any good places to watch the game around the JW d'town?

Tevo

Wilmette, IL
I have to fly into Chicago for work tomorrow. Are there any good places to watch the game around the JW d'town?

Franklin Tap, a block west and then a block and a half south, has many TVs, decent beer selection, and a good burger. I assume it'll be open, but that can be a weird neighborhood on a Tuesday night. May get sort of ghost-towny after business shuts down.

the thing that excites me the most about this group, is how much better our guys seem to fit the culture and system BU wants. Increased length, athleticism, and substantially improved depth in the backcourt compared to last year. On paper, last years team should have been a lot better, but the lack of athletes and team chemistry killed us. Through the exhibition and opener, you can really start to see signs of what coach wants out of his players and these last two games, although against inferior competition have looked like the most “Underwood coached teams” that we’ve seen since he was hired. Looking for quicker defensive rotations, and would like to see us face more man-to-man defense. Have seen a ton of zone this year. I think we win this one pretty easily.

Illini 88
Hoyas 74

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_ad7bbbd9-e61a-52ef-8cf9-4fa7733dff26.html

“That’s a pretty good three-headed monster. I say it because they’re all different. They all do a little bit of something and yet, the game like Trent had, we all know Trent’s capable of 30 every night. He got in the flow, made the right passes and got the ball to the guys on time. He was exceptional in pick and rolls, his reads were great and that’s affecting the game as well.”

After missing Thursday’s game, Alan Griffin (injury) and Samba Kane (suspension) are both available to play, and graduate transfer big man Adonis De La Rosa is to be decided. De La Rosa will give the Illini a size boost when he returns from a torn ACL suffered last year while playing for Kent State. He’s been “full speed” in practice.

blackdog

Champaign
I'm thinking they don't want to use Adonis but might if Govan is dominating Georgi.

Either way excited to be at the game tonight! My first ever Illini game was back when they came to DC to play Gtown and I went with my dad (also Illini alum). There was a huge pro Illinois crowd and we were loud even getting some really good back did forth Ill-Ini chants across the then MCI center (now Capitol One Arena).

Last edited:
I'm thinking they don't want to use Adonis but might if Govan is dominating Georgi.

This game should tell us a lot about this year's team. Of course the nightmare scenario has Giorgi receiving his obligatory technical foul for the opening tip-off...

Either way excited to be at the game tonight! My first ever Illini game was back when they came to DC to play Gtown and I went with my dad (also Illini alum). There was a huge pro Illinois crowd and we were loud even getting some really good back did forth Ill-Ini chants across the then MCI center (now Capitol One Arena).

My daughter and I were there. It was fun.

Illinisteve25

Champaign
Ill be there tonight and cant wait! Hope the students show up and get to see a good game to keep them coming back!

I don't think we will see Adonis, but at this point I would probably bet on seeing him against Gonzaga.

Similar feeling, but I would guess that he'll have to play. Who else do we have to guard the 5 against a decent front court?

Looks like sideline tickets are sold out to the top, corners and baseline tickets are sold up until the top 3-5 rows.

Of course, more than a few "Legacy Club" tickets remain unsold. $155 individual game or $3,000/year for a season ticket! Not sure those are prices fit for a team that went 4-14 in conference last year. Supply and Demand.. but I digress. Hope to see a great crowd tonight!

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
5078c8b932c11d44385407764a61a098--hank-williams-jr-random-items.jpg

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASKETBALL.....A TUESDAY NIGHT ILLINI PARTY

Illini 88
Hoyas 71

Status
Not open for further replies.