Pregame: Illinois vs Gonzaga, Monday, November 19th, 10:30pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Wasn’t sure where to put this, but had to share. I’m in Maui with my wife and ran into a friend from high school who’s also an IL grad. He had the following encounter with Bruce Pearl yesterday....

Ok...here is the transcript:

Me: Hey coach. Deon Thomas says hi. (I am wearing an Illini hat).

Pearl: smiles and reaches out to shake my hand.

Me: I'm not shaking your hand. You are a slime ball.

Pearl: why don't you step over here so I can punch you in the face

Me: Go ahead and try to hit me. You will get fired.

Pearl: He starts MFing me. Says how dare you threaten me in front of my wife.

Me: I didn't threaten you. And proceed to walk away.

Pearl: continues flip out. Turns beat red. Asks, do you know who I am? Grabs a security person. Tells them that he is a coach and wants me thrown out of my hotel.

Me: I walk away and go sit back down with my family eating lunch.

Pearl: continues MFing me, asks why I walk away. Security starts to swarm to the area where he is at.

Me: I go back to our table. Stunned at how he flipped out. Tell Jenny and our kids what happened.

Me: Security comes to me. I tell them my version. They tell me to keep separation from him. One security guy actually laughs and says the Pearl is crazy and says he needs to show restraint. Turns out this security guy played Bball at Eastern Michigan.

Pearl: Looms around on the pathway for around 20 minutes with security. Hope's I will get kicked out. Just look looking at our table. Finally he leaves. And now I have a great story!

giphy.gif

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
Woof. 11:30pm start time for Eastern. Can't wait for my alarm tomorrow morning.

gonna go out on a limb and say Trent has a memorable game and drops 38, Ayo with 22 , Giorgi with 16 and 12 boards and we win, im probably being a too optimistic just excited for this game, a win here would look nice on a resume in March if we even are on the bubble but anyways LETS GO ILLINI!

gonna go out on a limb and say Trent has a memorable game and drops 38, Ayo with 22 , Giorgi with 16 and 12 boards and we win, im probably being a too optimistic just excited for this game, a win here would look nice on a resume in March if we even are on the bubble but anyways LETS GO ILLINI!
So the three of them will combine for 76 points.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.