Pregame: Illinois vs Gonzaga, Monday, November 19th, 10:30pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Illinois doesn't start guarding the ball better - Gonzaga will score 110 while shooting 60+% from the field. Illinois is fun to watch, but it will be a long year if they don't clean up their individual and team defensive rotations.

Well, GT only shot 65% (28 of 43) from 2 pt area.

haasi

New York
i actually enjoy Walton generally (I find him zany and his rambling entertaining), but I don’t think I’d enjoy him for a game that I actually care about. Will find out

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Has Maui always been the 3 days before Thanksgiving? For some reason I was thinking it was Wednesday-Black Friday.
Yes. When we went in 2000 and witnessed Bill Self’s first Illini victory, it was a Monday against UNLV 74-69. He met the two fan buses back at the hotel after the game and thanked us for being there. We got there on Sunday, the day of the team banquet which is kind of like a roast of the 8 coaches. It was hilarious as it included Self, Gary Williams, Lute Olsen, Jim Calhoun, and Denny Crum. We beat Maryland on Tuesday 90-80, and lost to Arizona in a hard fought championship game 79-76 on Wednesday. We knew we had a great one in Self. Then we went to the Alumni Association sponsored luau on the beach the next day, Thanksgiving. Ahhhhh, absolutely fantastic :illinois: memories, one of the best trips in my life.
:chief::hailtotheorange::chief:

Tacomallini

Washington State
i actually enjoy Walton generally (I find him zany and his rambling entertaining), but I don’t think I’d enjoy him for a game that I actually care about. Will find out
I'm with you. Still remember him calling Illinois v Arizona game(s) when his son Luke was at Arizona. Probably just one game, but it's scarred me for life and feels like 100. Otherwise, he's just a bumbling knucklehead and it's rather enjoyable.

Excuse me if this has been asked and answered already, but when will Trent be back?

Thanks.

Doubtful that he will go to Hawaii. Flying long distances over multiple time zones is not recommended for those who have had recent concussions.

Deleted member 645583

D
Thanks to all for your repsonses to my question about Trent.

Here's another: how was he concussed? In practice?

My best to Trent.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Doubtful that he will go to Hawaii. Flying long distances over multiple time zones is not recommended for those who have had recent concussions.

Whoa there, not so fast.....plenty of flights to Hawaii after the team leaves. How hard can you get hit in the head during a walk through??

Deleted member 746094

D
Thanks to all for your repsonses to my question about Trent.

Here's another: how was he concussed? In practice?

My best to Trent.

BU said in presser that Trent and Giorgi ran into each other in Monday’s practice.

Whoa there, not so fast.....plenty of flights to Hawaii after the team leaves. How hard can you get hit in the head during a walk through??

BU also said after he got hit, he finished practice and even had another workout after practice. But concussions are weird. Nobody knows how long he will be out.

Deleted member 645583

D
Just read about concussions: scary stuff.

Yeah, team needs you, Trent, but take your time returning. This is my get-well card, Mr. Illini! (He's the guy on the cover of the Illinois b-ball media guide).

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 645583

D
10:30 PM!? Some us have jobs, ya know!!

And some of us don't. I'm semi-retired; time has no real meaning for me - except for dental appointments. I eat NY strip for breakfast and bacon and eggs for dinner sometimes. You can quote me: "Time is that thing between dental appointments!" The torture chamber.

Can you take the day off after staying up so late? My best to you, Illini fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

breadman

Herndon, VA
At the college BBall kick off event, Jay Williams spent 5 good minutes talking to the PTI guys. Their last question to him was to pick the final four. He said: Duke, UKY, Kansas, and.... Gonzaga.

Was glad Adonis got in some minutes before Maui. Now he has real game tape to study before he gets there.

I see Trent playing in the Gonzaga game and dropping 27 to get Illinois the W. Beach House, Cutless Ciera, and the deck attached to my other beach house.

In my opinion, I would rather see the freshman get minutes over Adonis at this point. Adonis has guts to play this early, but he doesn't have the mobility yet. The freshman may make a lot more mistakes, but they can at least try to run the offense quicker. Give him a month or so to get up to speed in practice and try again.

Just read about concussions: scary stuff.

Yeah, team needs you, Trent, but take your time returning. This is my get-well card, Mr. Illini! (He's the guy on the cover of the Illinois b-ball media guide).

Just had my own concussion 11 days ago, from uhh... drunk duck duck goose and I got a knee in the back of the head. Was in Florida and felt perfectly fine up to 48 hours after the actual event, flew home to Chicago and that Monday at work is when the symptoms hit. went to the Dr for an official diagnosis. I pretty much didn't do anything for the next 48 hours and felt 85% after. Probably took another 5 days to go from 85-100%. Trent's still young so it might be harder on his brain. Think a flight to Hawaii may be rough, (but I don't think they'll be flying Frontier like i did...). I see him being able to play restricted minutes for Gonzaga and maybe full for the second/third game. But concussions can vary a lot from person to person.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
I don't think concussions are ever a question of restricted minutes. You're either okay or you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.