Pregame: Illinois vs Gonzaga, Monday, November 19th, 10:30pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 645583

D
Just had my own concussion 11 days ago, from uhh... drunk duck duck goose and I got a knee in the back of the head. Was in Florida and felt perfectly fine up to 48 hours after the actual event, flew home to Chicago and that Monday at work is when the symptoms hit. went to the Dr for an official diagnosis. I pretty much didn't do anything for the next 48 hours and felt 85% after. Probably took another 5 days to go from 85-100%. Trent's still young so it might be harder on his brain. Think a flight to Hawaii may be rough, (but I don't think they'll be flying Frontier like i did...). I see him being able to play restricted minutes for Goainnzaga and maybe full for the secoe nd/third game. But concussions can vary a lot from person to person.

Hope you're doing well, friend. Protect that brainpan.

Deleted member 649710

D
Gonzaga is going to curbstomp the Illini. They will have no problem beating out “pressure” defense. But that’s OK, they are #3 for a reason.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
This team has too much pride and plays with too much intensity to get "curbstomped". Gonzaga should win, but with Trent on the floor it will be a competitive game. Without Trent I think we lose by 15-20.

Deleted member 746094

D
Trent plays and we hit our 3’s I think we stay close early. If this game was played in January we hang for 40 minutes. Unfortunately, this is our young team’s 3rd game together so the Zags will pull away no matter how we play as they are just that much better right now. We will give them our best shot. Hope they surprise the hell out of me though! ILL-INI

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Crazy things happen in November.....here's hoping we catch some crazy.

What are we thinking the line is going to be? Anything more than +12 Illinois I'll take ILL.

i give trent less than 5 percent chance to play. I mean did you see him in that interview after practice? Looked to me to not be a mild concussion but rather a pretty severe one. I bet hes out 2 weeks minimum.

ok boys let’s go. Trent going for 20, it’s finally his time. This is what he’s been dreaming about and wanting. Ayo, it’s his time to represent the state like he’s been saying. this is it. this is the game where illinois basketball is officially “back”. Bez is good guys. like really goood. like really really good. Jordan will hit a few threes, Ayo is going for 20+, Feliz gets 14+ and a few steals, Jones has a big time jam, Kipper does some kipper things (good and bad), Griffin hits 2 threes. and we WIN THIS GAME. If you guys don’t see the difference in this team than idk what you’re on. That georgetown game showed me everything i have to see. Underwood knows what he’s doing. We have the pieces to be really really good this year, like second weekend good. We have our point guard. We have our shooting guard. We have our center. We have our TOGETHERNESS. We have everything we need. If you don’t see it, than don’t jump on the bandwagon.

Illini 82
Zags 76
(also, i’m off that GOOD kool aid right now, but if you don’t see the difference between this year and last than you may be suffering from PGPTSD ((Post Groce Traumatic Stress Syndrome))

Go illini. this team is fun. and i’m all about it, and im ALL IN. I-L-L babbbyyyy

We love no other, so let our motto be 🔶🔷

ok boys let’s go. Trent going for 20, it’s finally his time. This is what he’s been dreaming about and wanting. Ayo, it’s his time to represent the state like he’s been saying. this is it. this is the game where illinois basketball is officially “back”. Bez is good guys. like really goood. like really really good. Jordan will hit a few threes, Ayo is going for 20+, Feliz gets 14+ and a few steals, Jones has a big time jam, Kipper does some kipper things (good and bad), Griffin hits 2 threes. and we WIN THIS GAME. If you guys don’t see the difference in this team than idk what you’re on. That georgetown game showed me everything i have to see. Underwood knows what he’s doing. We have the pieces to be really really good this year, like second weekend good. We have our point guard. We have our shooting guard. We have our center. We have our TOGETHERNESS. We have everything we need. If you don’t see it, than don’t jump on the bandwagon.

Illini 82
Zags 76
(also, i’m off that GOOD kool aid right now, but if you don’t see the difference between this year and last than you may be suffering from PGPTSD ((Post Groce Traumatic Stress Syndrome))

Go illini. this team is fun. and i’m all about it, and im ALL IN. I-L-L babbbyyyy

:unsure::unsure::unsure: :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Will be a tough task for the Illini will tell us a lot where this young team is at. Playing with Gonzaga and making it a competitive game would bode well for us being competitive in the Big 10 this year. Will be tough for us to pull the upset as they have a tremendous front line. Will need to shoot the ball really well from the perimeter and force some turnovers to stay in it. Excited to see if this group can compete with a top ten team

Illini 82
Zags 76

Not sure there is enough orange ink on the interwebs for this post, but it was fun

Gonzaga is going to curbstomp the Illini. They will have no problem beating out “pressure” defense. But that’s OK, they are #3 for a reason.

No way, no how! They might and probably will win, but no one is going to curb stomp this team!

This is our first road game....will be interesting to see how the young team plays on the road...esp. offensively

It ALL depends on how we perform in the first half. If we run up the score, then we cruise to a victory

Illini 82
Zags 76

Sounds real good with my beer.

Gonzaga-93
Illinois-82

Upset can be pulled off but you’re probably gonna need 20+ from Trent and Ayo coupled with a double double from Giorgi B to think about that

Status
Not open for further replies.