Pregame: Illinois vs Gonzaga, Monday, November 19th, 10:30pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
I can not freaking stand Bill Walton. Dude should not be calling games.
Agree. He’s been an enemy of the Illini since the Illini beat Arizona when his son was playing. With the refs being pro AZ, his bias was blatantly obnoxious as he openly rooted for his son and his team on the broadcast. I will NEVER listen to him as long as there is another option,

If Trent plays, the Illini can definitely beat Gonzaga on a neutral court with some hot shooting.

With the additions of Ayo, Feliz and GB, the Illini are a top-25 team too, even if everyone doesn't realize it yet.

HELLO!!!!

I believe that they can be a Top 25 team, but there is about 80 teams that can make that argument, and quite frankly we can’t make that any time soon unless we pull off some upsets in Maui.

Get ready, I think we win 2 in Hawaii

A loss to Gonzaga and 2 subsequent wins would be fine with me and doesn't seem that much of a stretch...

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
He’s been an enemy of the Illini since the Illini beat Arizona when his son was playing. With the refs being pro AZ, his bias was blatantly obnoxious as he openly rooted for his son and his team on the broadcast.

When you think about it, that's a really silly grudge to hold.

When you think about it, that's a really silly grudge to hold.
That’s not a grudge. That was the most obvious blatantly biased sports reporting I’ve witnessed in decades. To suggest that there are a myriad of more qualified sports broadcasters that are more qualified is not a grudge. It’s just a fact to unbiased fans as well as us biased ones.

I hate listening to Walton's "color commentary" but I would love to see an interview of Walton and Georgi. That would be some special TV I think.

Interested on whether you guys would rather see 1-2 4th places finish in which we would beat Gonzaga and lose our two subsequent games or a 2-1 5th placed finish in which we would lose to Gonzaga and win our two following games.

Deleted member 29907

D
Interested on whether you guys would rather see 1-2 4th places finish in which we would beat Gonzaga and lose our two subsequent games or a 2-1 5th placed finish in which we would lose to Gonzaga and win our two following games.
I'll bite : It depends on the scoring - e.g. if we lost to Gonzaga by 5 or less, then I'd take #2. However, assuming we got beat pretty badly in that scenario, I'd rather have the "Beat Gonzaga" scenario as at least we then got a signature win.

I would take the 1st option if we were competitive in the 2 losses

This win will propel us to tearing through the Zags, Zona, and Duke

haasi

New York
I’d probably take 2-1. Wins will be hard to come by this season, will take as many as we can get. That said, beating Gonzaga would be a tremendous win. Espn gives us like a 15% chance. Cue dumb and dumber gif

haasi

New York
Guess I stand alone: My two favorite college BB analysts are Walton and Dakich. I love guys who are bright, articulate and have played the game. Great color guys! (Tony Romo is my #1 overall sports analyst currently, and my benchmark.) All three provide great insights.
Not alone! I’m with you. Give me insight and/or personality! Romo’s insight is off the charts. Walton has a ton of personality and hilarious digressions, accompanied by some occasional insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.