Not open for further replies.
Admin
Illinois vs Indiana
Sunday, January 18th
12:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

NW Suburbs
Early tipoff but a weekend game vs Indiana.. Hope the crowd comes out in full force.

Next two games are key, win both and we're in decent shape to still make the tourney. Indiana lives and dies by the three. Can't let Ferrell/Blackmon go off. Overall they're probably a little better than us, but we can beat them at home. I'm expecting a close one.

Fairfield, IL
Indiana is known not to do well at the House of Paign. Get the place loud and have a crazy atmosphere. Go! Fight! Win!

We'll probably be favored by 4, the home court advantage. So, I hope our home crowd is loud and proud. Need 'em !

Iowa City, Ia.
Pack the SFC and, as Dan said, set a new attendance record! Let's even up our Big Ten record. 3-3 after 4/6 road games wouldn't be too shabby!!

Beat one rival tonight, let's beat another this weekend! I-L-L!

Can't wait for this one, I'll be there. I said before the season if this program wants to get back to where it should be, then we need to get a good home court win streak going again. I still think that can start this year. And I don't know why, but I have a weird feeling we pull out the Flyin' Illini uni's again. Rivalry game, next 4/5 at home, gotta start it off right so we pull out the secret weapon throwback's. Just a guess. Actually more of a hope, if it were up to me we'd be wearing those every home game.

Man, I'm looking at the rest of this schedule, and I'm seeing 8 more wins. Even without Rice, 10-8, 20-11 headed into the BTT is a real possibility. I would hope, with our bizarrely road-heavy middle chunk of the season, that would be enough to get us in to the Dance.

Man, I'm looking at the rest of this schedule, and I'm seeing 8 more wins. Even without Rice, 10-8, 20-11 headed into the BTT is a real possibility. I would hope, with our bizarrely road-heavy middle chunk of the season, that would be enough to get us in to the Dance.
I'd still like to see us get a couple more road wins to solidify it. 4-6 in road/neutral games right now.

uh, Maine
I'd still like to see us get a couple more road wins to solidify it. 4-6 in road/neutral games right now.
Of the 5 remaining road games, I could see us getting 1 or 2 (@MN, @PU). The other 3 would be tough (@Iowa, @MSU, @Wisky).

We should be able to hold home court for the remaining 8 home games. Maybe 6-2 (at worst) or 7-1 or 8-0 in them.

The problem with this year is that the conference isn't as strong as last year. 8 teams will not get in this time around. And Maryland is sucking up a spot that was taken up by another team last year. Our work is cut out for us.

Kirksville, MO
The problem with this year is that the conference isn't as strong as last year. 8 teams will not get in this time around. And Maryland is sucking up a spot that was taken up by another team last year. Our work is cut out for us.
I wouldn't say that it's not as strong; it's just not as top-heavy.
The expected bottom feeders -- Purdue, Penn State, Rutgers, and Northwestern -- being competitive and capable of beating anyone makes this conference very tough, maybe more so than last year.

Bids aren't given out to conferences, they are given to individual teams. Maryland's status has no impact on our chances (aside from the fact that they are a quality win for us).

The latest bracket matrix has 6 B1G teams in the tournament another one just outside of the bubble (us) and 4 others still under consideration. Long way to go....

Status
Not open for further replies.