Pregame: Illinois vs Indiana, Sunday, January 18th, 12:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think IU has no choice but to double team Egwu. Which means Starks is going to have to play a big roll in this game. IU will be forced to help off a shooter, and if they don't double team then Egwu needs to have a big day.
sort of a terrifying projection that we need a big offensive day from Egwu or Starks to win. Someone else? Please?

Anybody watch the Indiana Penn St game? What did Penn St do stay in the game and almost upset the Hoosiers?
I only watched the last few minutes, but the biggest thing I see in the stats is Penn St got 11 more shots than IU. Penn St shot a terrible 4-24 from 3, but still scored 73 pts which tells you how bad IU's interior defense really is.

We also got 10 more shots up against NW and that's probably the difference in that one too. So that's my key to the game. Whoever gets more shots up through turnovers and rebounding will probably win this game.

I think IU has no choice but to double team Egwu. Which means Starks is going to have to play a big roll in this game. IU will be forced to help off a shooter, and if they don't double team then Egwu needs to have a big day.
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a team in the country that would feel like that. I mean what has Egwu ever shown that would make somebody feel like he's going to just flat out dominate the game, offensively, if he's not double-teamed. Nothing against Egwu but he doesn't scare me offensively if I'm the opposing coach.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a team in the country that would feel like that. I mean what has Egwu ever shown that would make somebody feel like he's going to just flat out dominate the game, offensively, if he's not double-teamed. Nothing against Egwu but he doesn't scare me offensively if I'm the opposing coach.
Egwu's been double teamed quoted a few times this season, and I'm not including the cupcake teams. Most recently, Nebraska was double teaming him. I agree he's nothing special offensively, but I'm guessing Crean doesn't want to have his 6'6 C going 1v1 against a 7 ft. It's should be pretty easy for Egwu to simply turn and shoot over.

Chicago
Egwu's been double teamed quoted a few times this season, and I'm not including the cupcake teams. Most recently, Nebraska was double teaming him. I agree he's nothing special offensively, but I'm guessing Crean doesn't want to have his 6'6 C going 1v1 against a 7 ft. It's should be pretty easy for Egwu to simply turn and shoot over.
I will pretty much guarantee that whoever is guarding Tate will be coming down to double Egwu if they are in the game at the same time. Same deal with Hill if he is on the block/elbow.

Forgottonia
We need to come with a lot of defensive energy and not let IU get in any flow offensively. If they do, I'm not sure we have the guns to keep up without Ray.

Millsboro, DE
I know food chatter is sometimes shunned around here, but does anyone have any recommendations for bar type food that would be open before the game tomorrow? We used to park at the lot next to legends, but I don't think that lot exists any more. Are campus town meters free on Sundays?

(Was going to try Orange and Brew which must have popped up in the last few years, but I was told they were shutting down temporarily for a pipe burst flooding issue.)

The only betting line I could find out there is Illinois a 5.5 pt fav. Anybody else finding something different?

I know food chatter is sometimes shunned around here, but does anyone have any recommendations for bar type food that would be open before the game tomorrow? We used to park at the lot next to legends, but I don't think that lot exists any more. Are campus town meters free on Sundays?

(Was going to try Orange and Brew which must have popped up in the last few years, but I was told they were shutting down temporarily for a pipe burst flooding issue.)
Meters are free on Sundays, and there's always Houlihan's at the iHotel for bar food.

no way the illini leave today with a win
You're right, because the game is tomorrow. Sad to see this little confidence from an Illinois fan when our team is listed as favorites. I don't have any good reasons why Illinois should not win tomorrow. We definitely should if we play good basketball on our home court, whether we will or not remains to be seen.

Danville,IL
The only betting line I could find out there is Illinois a 5.5 pt fav. Anybody else finding something different?
Yep,was up to 6. Now back down to 5. Any final word on the ticket sales for this game?? Hoping we at least come close to a sellout.

I don't like Indiana.

If we were up 100-0, I'd keep the starters in.

Status
Not open for further replies.