Pregame: Illinois vs Indiana, Sunday, March 1st, 1:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were also hundreds more seats before Thomas yanked them out to provide luxury amenities for the well healed.

I wish I were well healed. That nasty bug from Monday and Tuesday isn't quite finished with me. I'm not trying to be a heel, ruckus. It comes naturally. :cool:

Lets beat the Loosiers! GO ILLINI! Can't wait for the game on Sunday

Indiana does play with 2 bigs at times. Should be another chance for Giorgi to play with Kofi some. I feels like he just needs to see 2 baskets in a row go in and he'll be good.
I want Giorgi to take every open look from 3 that he has. His shooting percentage would probably go up and he gets the bonus point as well. Maybe if he made a few from 3, the bunnies would start to look easier for him. He has made 30% of his threes, so not giving up much for him to do so.

IU shot a 25.4 FG% on 15-59 at WL last night... Lowest % in 6 years.

the bunnies would start to look easier for him

So to clarify shooting and making(?) 22 foot shots will somehow make a 2 foot shot be easier due to confidence...I know you jest, meter not broken.

No place really to post this, so I'll stick it here...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we win out (the regular season), that puts Underwood at .500 for his Illinois career, right? After last year I didn't think he'd be sniffing .500 this season.
If we win out we get 2nd for the 1st time since '09 and on a personal note, my 22-9 preseason prediction would be right. :cool:

Deleted member 746654

D
I want to believe we are going to run away and whoop that arse but we really are not that type of team. We are a grind it out team and we will grind out another one.

ILLINI- 67
Loosers- 60

The baseball team beat Tx AM a top 10 team 1-0. Now the basketball team will win this Sunday.

Still really want to see Trent have a good shooting night. Another 1-9 from 3 last night. Still think he's trying to do too much most of the time. He needs to get going for us to have a shot at taking down really good opponents.
It appears to me that his shot is flatter than it used to be. Even his free throws are very flat. Although he shoots a high percentage they are a line drive to the basket. Many of his 3 point misses hit the back of the rim and come straight back also an indication of a line drive shot. I recall his shots being higher arching when he was more accurate.

Frazier is shooting 85.9 FT% for the year, which if he keeps it up will put him in top 6 all time. Brian Cook is the leader at 87.3%
with stats like this on the line, too bad he missed two tech. shots two games ago... It'd be nice to see Frazier on an all-time list.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
It appears to me that his shot is flatter than it used to be. Even his free throws are very flat. Although he shoots a high percentage they are a line drive to the basket. Many of his 3 point misses hit the back of the rim and come straight back also an indication of a line drive shot. I recall his shots being higher arching when he was more accurate.
Not much margin of error when you're shooting flat for sure. Looks cool but a good arc gives you a better chance of making the shot.

In preparation for the Indiana game, I hope the Illini Media Department is throwing together a "best of Giorgi" highlight video complete with subliminal messaging "this is who you are....this is who you are....this is who you are.....this is......." required material for Giorgi to watch. A lot of it will be from his freshman campaign, but there were some brights this season too. Whatever it takes to cure the yips.....this is mostly a mental hurdle. Acknowledge that there's a mental aspect to playing a different position, but when you get the ball down low....in what is traditionally one of your "spots"....and can't convert....MENTAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.