Admin
Illinois vs Iowa
Saturday, November 17th
2:30pm CT
BTN

Line: Iowa -16

:illinois:

Last edited:
Matchup wise, best chance all season for a marquee upset win. Have to execute perfectly to have a chance though.

I would set the line at Iowa -13.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
It is not fair that Northwestern gets to play this Iowa and we have to play the angry army of perfection they will ratchet back to next week.

Nothing ever goes right for us, ever.

illini80

Forgottonia
While I think we will get thoroughly trounced, I will be interested to see if the offense can move the ball on Iowa. I would expect the spread to be close to what Neb was.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
It is not fair that Northwestern gets to play this Iowa and we have to play the angry army of perfection they will ratchet back to next week.

Nothing ever goes right for us, ever.

I know right??

I mean, where was the Purdue team that played Minny today when we played Purdue a few weeks ago.

Sheeesh.

There is not one good team in the west, if our defense improves half as much as our offense did this year we could contend.

Be happy we didn't face that Minny team.

OR

Minny should be glad that they did not face the Purdue team we faced.

OR

Purdue should be annoyed (to say the least) that they did not face the IL team in MN.

Gaud. Too many permutation/combinations.

This isa must-wing game if there is one.

NW has clinched the top spot and could more than likely field kids that match IL. I do not think they will throw the game, but will certainly protect their players.

blackdog

Champaign
I feel like I speak for many of us on this one. I know better than to watch this, but I will still intently watch this hoping for the unexpected

On the same wavelength, I know better than to go to the game but I'll be there freezing my butt off hoping for the unexpected.

This isa must-wing game if there is one.

NW has clinched the top spot and could more than likely field kids that match IL. I do not think they will throw the game, but will certainly protect their players.

Bowl Eligibility:

78 teams can make a bowl game
64 teams already have 6 wins
33 teams could still earn 6 wins for those 14 spots. (3 of the 14 spots could be taken by 5 win teams playing each other & and the winner of Tenn/Vandy)

21 of the 33 already have 5 wins
12 have 4 wins

Only Air Force & Vanderbilt with 4 wins are ahead of IL in the APR Rankings (which determines the order of the 5 win teams getting in if any)

We could possibly get into a bowl game with 5 wins but we need most of those 33 teams to lose out. I would prefer we win out though!

1541947369785.png

Last edited:
Bowl Eligibility:

78 teams can make a bowl game
64 teams already have 6 wins
33 teams could still earn 6 wins for those 14 spots. (3 of the 14 spots could be taken by 5 win teams playing each other & and the winner of Tenn/Vandy)

21 of the 33 already have 5 wins
12 have 4 wins

Only Air Force & Vanderbilt with 4 wins are ahead of IL in the APR Rankings (which determines the order of the 5 win teams getting in if any)

We could possibly get into a bowl game with 5 wins but we need most of those 33 teams to lose out. I would prefer we win out though!

View attachment 3760
Nice work !
Thanks

BZuppke

Plainfield
As someone else said - the Big Ten West has a bunch of crappy teams. NW is the Big Ten West champ but they aren’t that good. Iowa fumbled on their last two drives to preserve the win for NW. this is a winnable game IF our offense can do what they’ve done the last two weeks sans the horrible mistakes. I have no illusions as to our D. Out score em!

breadman

Herndon, VA
Can Rod Smith's dominating offensive scheme out do Iowa's dominating defense. It's that simple. I'm hoping so. Our margin of error is now gone. Need to win out.

Deleted member 649710

D
We score 31 with Corbin, 17 without.

Defense holds Iowa under 60. Maybe.

Funny how negative Iowa fans are about this one. I’m expecting a rebound game for them. :( Hoping we have a great offensive game, and our defense plays inspired for the last home game. We’ll have to outscore them, which is kind of scary.

I’m just pumped we somehow got a 2:30 game time!!!!

Dan

Admin
Lovie Smith press conference
https://twitter.com/isaac_trotter2

Lovie Smith: Mike Epstein will "probably" not back this year.

Lovie Smith: "Hopeful that Reggie Corbin will be good to go."

Lovie Smith: "AJ Bush, I thought was outstanding. Quarterback playing that way, we have a chance to win."

Lovie Smith: AJ Bush's passing stats won't say the way he played. We had way too many drops in that game.

Lovie Smith: In his two years here, I can't think of a practice (Bobby Roundtree) has missed. Bobby Roundtree was outstanding.

Lovie Smith: Nick Allegretti has played well, numerous weeks. Alex (Palczewski) has done the same thing. You get the same guy each day. Smart player. Working hard. He's on an island at times. Relentless, tough. Two guys you want to build a program around.

Lovie Smith: We know what we're capable of doing. Last time we were here (against Minnesota) proved what we can do.

Lovie Smith on the seniors: We've been together so long. I'm going to miss all of them. You miss the guys that have invested so much into the program.

Lovie Smith on Nick Allegretti's future: The graduates that we send out are going to be shaping the world. The sky is the limit for Nick and the rest of the guys. You know that there are special people in that group who are going to do special things.

Last edited:

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
Lovie Smith: Mike Epstein will "probably" not back this year.
We all love him, but at this point I have to doubt Epstein will ever make it through a whole season. Hopefully Cumby is as good as we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.