Pregame: Illinois vs Iowa, Thursday, March 14th, 8:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say it will be a game of runs. It will even up with about 10 minutes left and we'll go from there.

haasi

New York
Giorgi will get doubled and they will dare the rest to beat them. Ayo, Trent, and somebody else will have to show tonight or we'll get thumped.
Giorgi really needs to learn when to pass out of the double. He does some amazing things in the post but it encourages him to take bad shots sometimes. Needs to develop some judiciousness- will really help our whole offense when that happens.

haasi

New York
This is disheartening -

Attachments

• 41A4BFC8-3621-42DE-814B-C2B6C3279D3D.jpeg
    41A4BFC8-3621-42DE-814B-C2B6C3279D3D.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 813
Trent and Ayo need to hit there threes if we wanna keep pace with Iowa.

Partial side note, why does it seem like we've gotten way fewer turnover compared to even 10 games ago? I haven't really seen that much change in defensive philosophy, is it tired legs, or did BU call off the dogs?

Trent and Ayo need to hit there threes if we wanna keep pace with Iowa.

Partial side note, why does it seem like we've gotten way fewer turnover compared to even 10 games ago? I haven't really seen that much change in defensive philosophy, is it tired legs, or did BU call off the dogs?
Other teams are handling the ball better against us....we might not be getting the turnovers we were but we are still speeding the other team up which is what BU wants.

haasi

New York
Agree that lack of turnovers is especially concerning. I think the scout is out plus we’re tired and Trent is a little banged up. Extra problematic because often our best offense is fast break on a turnover.

I'm seeing a second straight OT game for the Illini -- and a 4 point win. AJ hits 2 free throws with under 20 seconds left to make it a 2 possession game and Iowa doesn't score again.

I'm seeing a second straight OT game for the Illini -- and a 4 point win. AJ hits 2 free throws with under 20 seconds left to make it a 2 possession game and Iowa doesn't score again.
Or maybe we can avoid OT by making the bunny in bounds layup? One thing I really liked about the game yesterday was how the announcers said BU was all smiles after Feliz missed the potential game winner (and the rest of the team was very positive). But you know, BU is the most hard nose, yell in your face coach to ever walk the earth. But Feliz isn't the only one who misses those kinds of layups, this team needs to be practicing layups 25 hours a day this offseason.

mattcoldagelli

The Transfer Portal
So the fans are afraid of 1 player. Tells me nothing about why the the people playing in the game would be afraid of us.

Yes, this is definitely what he was trying to do, as opposed to just sharing an entertaining anecdote. It’s a good thing you’re here to pull the curtain back on Spoon House’s charade.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Or maybe we can avoid OT by making the bunny in bounds layup? One thing I really liked about the game yesterday was how the announcers said BU was all smiles after Feliz missed the potential game winner (and the rest of the team was very positive). But you know, BU is the most hard nose, yell in your face coach to ever walk the earth. But Feliz isn't the only one who misses those kinds of layups, this team needs to be practicing layups 25 hours a day this offseason.

Agreed, but I'm almost certain one of the NW players got a fingertip on either the ball or his arm.

Agreed, but I'm almost certain one of the NW players got a fingertip on either the ball or his arm.
Eh maybe, I dont blame Feliz either way really (its a team wide issue and he might be our best layup shot), maybe its better to talk about why we were even in that position when Falzon clearly grabbed Feliz on his way up before the out of bounds play?

I watch enough CBB to know most refs swallow their whistle on the last play of a tied game, but he had 2 guys draped over him. Consistency is pretty much all I ask for out of refs, but it's infuriating when you have to watch that play 10000 times because they dont know who it went out on (and I actually think Feliz touched it last).

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
I feel good about this one. We're hopefully all warmed up playing in front of a semi neutral crowd, and Iowa is tail spinning and lost their last 4 games including against Rutgers and Nebraska.

Not seeing it. We haven't played a good game of bball in weeks. I have no confidence that will change tonight.

I really hope they don't have to rely much on ADLR. He looks like an old man trying to keep up with kids out there. I didn't see him play previous to this year, but that knee is just too much it looks like. Hopefully, SK gets some minutes over him. Need to find a way to stop Garza without GB fouling out. The plus is that they probably can't hit 15-21 3s in the UC like the prior game.

Exactly, Iowa will not miss that many 3s, as we saw in Iowa City.

I don't think we'll see them make 15 3's again or shoot 68% on a neutral court. I might be in the minority, but I think ending up with the W last night will give our guys a little extra juice heading into this evening. Iowa didn't close out the regular season strong either and we could take advantage of their desperation.

haasi

New York
Can’t imagine Kane gets tick but DLR has been really not good.

When you look at the stats, this is a terrible match up for us. In three games vs UFI, Underwood’s Illini teams have given up an average of 98 points. Garza is averaging 20 and shooting an other-worldly percentage, including 100% on FT’s (14-14 I believe). Bohannon is 15-25 on 3PA. Basically, they’ve taken us to the woodshed.

It will be interesting to see what we do defensively. Even though Iowa has struggled, this is almost the perfect get right game for them. They aren’t particularly strong but they are really skilled, multi-tool players at nearly every spot which causes us huge problems. We need guys that are offensively challenged to cheat off of, and they don’t have those for us to take advantage of.

I’ll watch and be hopeful, but my realistic side says this will be ugly, especially if we get into another track meet with them.

This might be our toughest match up in the tourney. Beat Iowa = Big Ten Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.