Pregame: Illinois vs Kent State, Saturday, September 1st, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I subscribe to YouTube TV. They even sent me a chromecast for free. Includes Big Ten and Fox Sports.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
We should waffle stomp 'em. Even with mass suspensions. Just hoping we come out of it injury free.

$20 for parking! What is this, Chicago? Or am I just too old?
If you get to campus early enough, theres plenty of university lots that are free on weekends. Personal favorite is the one directly East of Illini Tower (5th and chalmers SE corner). Gets full fast however. Additionally, last time I got a parking ticket, it was 15 bucks. Cheaper than paying for parking.

Illinifanatic4ever

Orange & Blue Blood in my Veins
Anyone know on the east side lower section how many rows back is it until you are sitting under the top deck?

jmilt7

Waukegan
If you get to campus early enough, theres plenty of university lots that are free on weekends. Personal favorite is the one directly East of Illini Tower (5th and chalmers SE corner). Gets full fast however. Additionally, last time I got a parking ticket, it was 15 bucks. Cheaper than paying for parking.

Thanks. Good to know. Especially about the parking ticket cost. Funny.

That ticket cost is an expired/unpaid meter I believe. Parking in a lot w/ out a permit (during its enforcement period) is more like $40 IIRC. A number of lots on the SE side of campus near Penn I think maintain being free on the weekend even w/ a game. But it's been a couple years since my family and I parked there for a game. Walking down Penn to the stadium is an easy walk IMO.

Best part is, I've paid the meter for the limit (2 hrs) before and probably was in the spot at least 3 and a half hours and wasn't ticketed. One of the few times i'd rather pay the city than the university.

t7nich

Central IL
I haven't been to a football game in 15 years. I'm thinking of taking the boy to his first one against Kent St. I'm sure a bunch has changed as far as parking, where to eat pre game, etc. Is there a forum for that? Could someone point me in the right direction?

The couple of games I attended last year they had food trucks right outside grange grove. I assume we can expect food trucks at this game. Can anybody confirm?

Deleted member 654622

D
The couple of games I attended last year they had food trucks right outside grange grove. I assume we can expect food trucks at this game. Can anybody confirm?
Great, my mouth is already watering!
tenor.gif

Dan

Admin
Lovie Smith press conference

https://twitter.com/JWerner247

Lovie: Training camp went well. Wouldn't say a lot of major injuries.

Lovie: Kent State runs Briles/Babers offense, runs a 3-4 defense, which is different.

Lovie: Our defense has gone against a similar offense so it should prepare us.

Lovie: AJ Bush will be our starting quarterback

Lovie: Bush as starter "was kind of obvious." QB-wise, we knew there would be great competition. Competition for 2 or 3 spot now.

People who we trusted put their stamp of approval behind AJ Bush. Then you meet him the first time and that's what you want from your QB.

Lovie: AJ has one year here and then he's moving on. Our younger players are fighting for that role and learning as much as they can from starter.

Lovie: Kievan Myers is not on campus yet. Thought he'd be here early. Still waiting on a ruling on him. Still not a chance. Hoping this week it'll come to a conclusion.

Lovie: Miles Smith promoted to 10th assistant. Jake Ellsworth is a grad assistant.

Miles Smith will work with secondary, nickels and corners. Lovie will continue to assist there as Gill Byrd oversees entire secondary.

Here's the parking map, the lots in light blue you don't need a parking pass-
http://tickets.fightingillini.com/football.html#parking

A heads-up for those of you parking in lots 43 & 44, be forewarned that the Irwin Practice Facility construction has closed the sidewalk on the West side of 4th St. (there is no sidewalk on the East side of 4th along the cemetery). Makes for an unsafe walk in that area. You should cross on Peabody Drive and walk past the ARC and enter through Grange Grove.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
I subscribe to YouTube TV. They even sent me a chromecast for free. Includes Big Ten and Fox Sports.

That's the deal I got as well. The other thing about YouTube TV is that it includes a family plan, or basically four or five other devices. So I can watch on my computer or my TV (with the chromecast) or on my wife's iPad, the latter of which is important because we're going to be on a cruise and at sea on Saturday, so I'll be getting up early (It's Alaska time), setting up my wife's iPad and watching the Fighting Illini cool off the Hot Flashes. So yeah, YouTube TV.

2 changes really jumped out at me.

Dorms stay open until after the thanksgiving giving break game. This needs to continue to happen in the future. Probably won't make much difference this year and other down years. But it would be great to allow students to stay on campus in the future when we are good and the game could mean something important.

Portillo's, Jarlings, and Avanti's concessions?!?!?!?! That's a 5 course meal.

Those early 90s teams should have been better.
Hardy, Holocek, Howard and Rice on defense together was something special.
Johnny Johnson, Douthard, Dulick and Dilger should have been enough offense to win a lot more games.

I was there during those years (started fall of '89, graduated fall of '94). Those were some exciting teams that just didn't get it done...how did you forget Griffith on the offensive side of the ball?!?!?

I think in terms of football AND basketball, my 4 year tenure was the worst run in sports in the school's history lol. Started in 2013, finished in 2017.

0 NCAA Tourneys and 1 bowl.

Can't get worse at least!

I was about the opposite. Did 2004 through 2008 and saw a Final Four and a Rose Bowl.

:illinois:

Status
Not open for further replies.