Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Lindenwood
Tuesday, November 26th
7:00pm CT
BTN+ ($9.95/month)

:illinois:

Should be another helping of what we saw tonight. Let the kids gain more confidence and get more familiar with each other

Is this some kind of in season exhibition?

Yes it is just that.

Guard oriented team, leading scorer is lead guard. 3pt shooters all around, very turnover prone. If ILLINI do what hey did tonight collectively the score should be about the same as tonight again.

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
This will be an exhibition game...not a game of record.

Dan

Admin
Lindenwood is DII. I'm guessing that this game will count in Illinois' official record, however will not count in any way in IL's ncaa tourney resume. Similar to when IL played DIII Augustana 2 seasons ago.

APS iMBA

Urbana, IL
Lindenwood is DII. I'm guessing that this game will count in Illinois' official record, however will not count in any way in IL's ncaa tourney resume. Similar to when IL played DIII Augustana 2 seasons ago.
Fun game. I brought one of my best friends who is an Augustana alumni...

not sure what this game accomplishes at this point in the season. This has to be one of the weakest non-conference strength of schedules in recent memory.

not sure what this game accomplishes at this point in the season. This has to be one of the weakest non-conference strength of schedules in recent memory.
They still have Miami and Missouri coming up, as well as a game vs Old Dominion, which is generally a solid mid major. Plus, we scheduled at true road game at Arizona, which was probably a little aggressive that point in the year.

There's a fine line between what we did this year vs last year. We were behind the 8 ball before mid December.

Miami and Missouri are solid enough schedule wise. Both part of yearly engagements(ACC/BIG10 and the Braggin'). The two away games in Arizona is really all we scheduled. No tournament hurts and some serious cupcakes. Basically only 3 games that are potential losses.

Deleted member 4333

D
The Lindenwood website lists this as an exhibition game for them.

Yes, when a team plays "up" it is an exhibition for them. For Illinois it'll count to the W-L record but not towards RPI.

Thanks. And fantastic job last night! Someone in the game thread asked about the announcing crew and I misstated who was who- just wanted to take a second to apologize for that, and tell you that you and the whole production crew were great. Much appreciated!

ScottSudikoff

Twitter @Sudikoff
Thanks. And fantastic job last night! Someone in the game thread asked about the announcing crew and I misstated who was who- just wanted to take a second to apologize for that, and tell you that you and the whole production crew were great. Much appreciated!

No worries, appreciate it. Looking forward to being back on Tuesday night!

jmilt7

Waukegan
Nooooooo!!!!
I should add I do not condone the criticisms (via twitter) Anthony received after the first broadcast. In fact, I thought he tried something different, didn't work, but more power to him for trying something no one else has tried (at least to my knowledge). And I think he did a good job last night. But please, no more schmack (although it sounded more to me like schmeck).

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.