Pregame: Illinois vs Lindenwood, Tuesday, November 26th, 7:00pm CT, BTN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
the first time i heard SCHMACK i was a little confused, but with each forthcoming three-point attempt I felt myself anticipating a new rendition.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
PS would love an ANDRES FOR TRES if the opportunity presents itself

not sure what this game accomplishes at this point in the season. This has to be one of the weakest non-conference strength of schedules in recent memory.
This season's NCSOS is roughly the same as we had in 2018, when the best two teams we played were Mizzou and NM State (#40 and #60 per Pomeroy, respectively) and Augustana was a late November matchup.

Not going to disagree that our scheduling has been a bit bipolar, but it's certainly not without precedent. Since this is our fourth game in nine days, I'm not going to complain about the quality of opponent too much.

No worries, appreciate it. Looking forward to being back on Tuesday night!

The Hampton game was a solid student production. I like how you noted some of the early complaints and made adjustments, e.g., leaving the sound and camera on during timeouts. Be nice to get more instant replays but overall this is much improved. Thanks!

sacraig

The desert
I just do not care at all about games like this, particularly in the middle of the noncon when we've already played a big game or two.

Ugh.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
I just do not care at all about games like this, particularly in the middle of the noncon when we've already played a big game or two.

Ugh.
why? these games are essentially glorified practices that help to get us firing on all cylinders prior to B1G season/games that matter

The Hampton game was a solid student production. I like how you noted some of the early complaints and made adjustments, e.g., leaving the sound and camera on during timeouts. Be nice to get more instant replays but overall this is much improved. Thanks!

I think the color commentator has also gotten more comfortable and is doing a much better job. Still some mis-statements and sometime things are said that we really could do without, but overall the quality has greatly increased game over game. I used to dread listening to the BTN+ broadcasts but now I'm all for it.

Nice job of adjusting and improving!

sacraig

The desert
why? these games are essentially glorified practices that help to get us firing on all cylinders prior to B1G season/games that matter

I also have no interest in watching a practice. Great, let the team practice, but this is one game I just don't care happens to be on BTN+. First game or two of the season, sure. I am so hungry for Illinois basketball at that point that I would watch them scrimmage against cardboard cutouts. But after we've had a handful of games already, including a big one against Arizona, this might as well have been another secret scrimmage.

Deleted member 533939

D
Why aren't they playing in any of these early season tournaments?

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Looking forward to my first game since FAU last year. I expect a different result. I'll be singing the anthem before the game — in case anyone here is planning on going, feel free to say hello if you see me!

Seems to me that Coach BU has selected teams that specialize in some aspect of the game: 3 ptrs, ball screens, etc. A whole game of skill solidification for the Illini. ?????

An opportunity to get everyone some reps against someone other than their teammates!

Status
Not open for further replies.