Pregame: Illinois vs Maryland, Friday, February 7th, 7:00pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was Brian Barnhart that said Maryland is shooting a lot more 3's than earlier in the season and that includes Jalen Smith who is shooting 41% from deep. After last game, that has to concern you.

Maryland's 3rd in the B1G with 25 threes attempted per game. We are 13 th in the B!G with 17 per contest. Big difference

illini80

Forgottonia
Maryland's 3rd in the B1G with 25 threes attempted per game. We are 13 th in the B!G with 17 per contest. Big difference
Interestingly, for the season they are nearly as bad as we are.

I think it was Brian Barnhart that said Maryland is shooting a lot more 3's than earlier in the season and that includes Jalen Smith who is shooting 41% from deep. After last game, that has to concern you.

Exactly. It's going to be a different game than the first. We let Smith shoot as many 3's as he wanted in the first game. Not sure we want to do that in this one, and he's capable of blowing by you if you close out too hard. Scary matchup for Kofi.

On offense, I hope we start getting more creative giving Giorgi the ball inside. He's been playing against a lot of smaller players at the 4 and we aren't taking advantage of it. He is too skilled to simply be a role player offensively. Wiggins gets most of the minutes at the 4 for Maryland. Giorgi has 4 inches and 40+ lbs on him. Gotta take advantage of that.

Dan

Admin
EP-x46oX4AE93pA

Conference title is wide open this year. No reason it can’t be us calling ourselves Big Ten Champions this year.
This game is a huge step to accomplish that of many left.

Illini 71 - Maryland 67

Absolutely HUGE game for the taking on Friday. Can't wait! We have to get revenge against the little turtles (should have beaten them at Maryland earlier in the season). I am confident we bounce back at home . GO ILLINI!

Hey, bought my tickets last week. First time making it in like a decade. Sorry to bug but they usually clear up the interstate after q day of snow right? It has been a while since I have had to drive is semi heavy snkw at night.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Not saying anything new, but this is where we absolutely need to re-establish that road teams just do not win in Champaign. Five home games, and every one is a must. RU, PSU, and even OSU are going to be tough places to get a win...although I do feel they are all winnable.

Deleted member 746167

D
Does anyone have any advice on parking and how early we need to get there? If we get in town early enough can we park at the I Hotel, eat there, and just park there for the game?

You can park there for 15 bucks. It is recommended that you be there by 330 or 4 as the restaurant will begin getting very busy not long after that.

Hey, bought my tickets last week. First time making it in like a decade. Sorry to bug but they usually clear up the interstate after q day of snow right? It has been a while since I have had to drive is semi heavy snkw at night.
The interstate will be well plowed, you should be fine. Talking 3-4" here in Peoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.