Pregame: Illinois vs Michigan, Saturday, October 12th, 11:00am CT, ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
giphy.gif

Ok nvm.

But anyway, does it really make sense to go ALL BLUE against the team that's iconic color is blue? I feel like some blog was posted recently that when Illinois plays a blue team we should play up the orange.
We are Orange n Blue. These unis are Blue with orange trim. Our best looking uniform combo in my opinion. That's probably why they picked this combo, as kind of a F you to Michigan. We will at least look good while being curb stomped.LOL

A million fans have shown. The gates open. Thousands stream through as they begin broadcasting on international tv. Illinois echoes across media around the world. The Illini are national champions. It starts tomorrow.

I cared about the season til a crappy Nebraska made us look like toy football players. Then Minnesota made us look even lamer. What is it that makes me think we have actually made strides, when we constantly bumblefug around, on a national stage...We Will Win...crying my fooking eyes out. WHEN?

Deleted member 654622

D
You think they waited so long to announce the color combo in hopes that the Michigan crowd would show up wearing blue? That way it wont look like an away game if the majority of the fans are wearing the color of the current uniforms.

Ok nvm.

But anyway, does it really make sense to go ALL BLUE against the team that's iconic color is blue? I feel like some blog was posted recently that when Illinois plays a blue team we should play up the orange.
Counterpoint: why cede one of our primary colors to an opponent? Should we change the words to the fight song because Michigan is recognized more wifey for using the word Hail?

FinalFour88

Charlotte, NC
Ok nvm.

I like the all blues, but I still think we should go with the orange helmet. So, O/B/B.

Status
Not open for further replies.