Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Michigan
Saturday, October 12th
11:00am CT
ABC

:illinois:

Last edited:
Who’s excited for a blowout loss on National Television? I sure as hell am!! Who’s with me?

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
-24 feels right to me but with the blowout of Rutgers in the recent outcomes and us not being much better than Rutgers I could see a -28

Sounds silly after what we just watched, but I'd start getting a little tempted if we get up to +28

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
I'll be there for the Dick Butkus statue unveiling on Friday and the Lovie Smith farewell tour on Saturday.

SKane

Tennessee
The key to this game is guessing how many points Michigan wants to score.

Assume that Illinois can get a field goal and a meaningless fourth quarter touchdown against Michaigan's third string.

So the score will be As Many Point As Michigan Wants - 10.

Imagine heading into a game like this thinking, well, we have maybe a one-in-twenty, puncher’s chance of winning. I’d feel like a college football fan again. Instead, if I bother to tune in, it’s just to personally witness the extent of the carnage, out of morbid curiosity. Every week now I’m a rookie cop working his first homicide scene.

Sadly, this Michigan team has played poorly on offense all year and still we have no chance. Probably will be my last one of the year.

illini80

Forgottonia
The key to this game is guessing how many points Michigan wants to score.

Assume that Illinois can get a field goal and a meaningless fourth quarter touchdown against Michaigan's third string.

So the score will be As Many Point As Michigan Wants - 10.
Exactly where I'm at. While I wasn't able to watch thanks to Fox Sports pulling the BTN (that I've paid for all year) off dish, it appeared Fleck tried hard to not let the score run up on us. Will Harbaugh do the same?

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
This went from “I think I’ll take my son to this for his first-ever game” back in the summer to “I will actively avoid watching on TV.”

Just FYI, DIA.

I remember when people on this board had this game circled as a national coming-out party for the good Illini team Lovie had built. Those were the days.

I remember when people on this board had this game circled as a national coming-out party for the good Illini team Lovie had built. Those were the days.

I don’t remember that at all. At the beginning of the year, there was a plurality of us clinging to a shred of hope that this wasn’t a shockingly historic waste .......... I think we’ve reached 90%+ just ... over the misery. :(

2019 University of Illinois Football Season
Hammer Nail Coffin.gif

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
I don’t remember that at all. At the beginning of the year, there was a plurality of us clinging to a shred of hope that this wasn’t a shockingly historic waste .......... I think we’ve reached 90%+ just ... over the misery. :(

Most of those thoughts about this game were before the 2018 season when we still believed Lovie was building something.

So, very, disappointed.

A couple of years ago, when ILL played at the BiG House I decided to get my butt over there. Never been inside the place, so this was a great chance. My kids in-laws are UM alums, so it was a family trip of sorts. After the loss, heading out UM fans were gracious (guess they saw us with my kid's in-laws) and wished me luck on my drive back, better luck next time, a few pokes and jokes. My response was - see you in 2019.

2019 is here and I am trying to run out of UC. Someone wish me luck.

"We will work tirelessly in building the football program to compete for Big Ten and national championships, and be a source of pride for Fighting Illini fans across the nation," Beckman said in a news release ahead of a news conference. (2011)

"It's pretty simple," Smith said Monday at his introductory news conference. "We just want to play winning football. I want to see the time come when our stadium is full, when people are excited about what we're doing and leaving the games with a big smile on their face." (2015)

Time marches on........

Status
Not open for further replies.