Admin
Illinois vs Michigan State
Sunday, February 22nd
6:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

New York
Big big big game

Baaaaad feeling about this one. MSU seems to play better on the road, and the last two seasons the @Wisconsin blowouts sent us into a tailspin. This is the toughest home game left on our schedule so if we can win it I really like our tourney chances. If not, we'll have to steal one at Iowa or Purdue.

Chicago, IL
Baaaaad feeling about this one. MSU seems to play better on the road, and the last two seasons the @Wisconsin blowouts sent us into a tailspin. This is the toughest home game left on our schedule so if we can win it I really like our tourney chances. If not, we'll have to steal one at Iowa or Purdue.

The tailspin last two times was in the heart of bad play. This game was just a hard game away in a very good stretch of wins for us. It will be fine.

Lombard
We will fine. Each day is a day closer to Rice having that bandage off his hand. Nunn will have a monster against MSU, you heard it here first.

The tailspin last two times was in the heart of bad play. This game was just a hard game away in a very good stretch of wins for us. It will be fine.

I don't know, my gut just tells me this is a loss. And my gut is usually right. Logically we should be favorites here, so we'll see.

Fairfield, IL

Let's go boys!

New York
I don't know, my gut just tells me this is a loss. And my gut is usually right. Logically we should be favorites here, so we'll see.

It's not a must win, but it's fairly close. If we lose, we're on the ropes. Have a week to rest up, which can be a blessing or a curse. Need to make sure we come out sharp

Chambana

Lol your gut also thought we'd lose to Michigan and MSU the first time.

If you predict a loss in every game, I'm sure your gut will be right every once in a while : )

Bloomington
Need this one. Its probably the lynchpin (or @ Iowa) of our tourney chances.

Lol your gut also thought we'd lose to Michigan and MSU the first time.

If you predict a loss in every game, I'm sure your gut will be right every once in a while : )

I didn't predict a loss against Michigan, I just said I was nervous about it. I thought we'd win one that was closer than it should've been, and that's what happened. But you're right, I was wrong about the last MSU game.

7-6 in conference. B1G a little down this. Year. Will 10-8 be good enough to dance or do we need 11-7? Big game.

It's not a must win, but it's fairly close. If we lose, we're on the ropes. Have a week to rest up, which can be a blessing or a curse. Need to make sure we come out sharp

+1. Huge, huge game. Lose and we need to win at PU or at Iowa to make up for it. Win and we hopefully just need to beat UNL and NW at home to earn a Dance ticket. The week of rest and prep work will benefit the team, imo, particularly RR and integrating him into the lineup and sharpening some areas of concern, like defensive rebounding and halfcourt sets.

It will be a dogfight for sure, but this isn't the typical MSU squad. They're not an overly talented team, nor are they very deep like past years, nor are they a great rebounding team like years past, nor do they have any star players like most years past under Izzo. Plus, it will be RR's third game back, and he and the team will have a week to prepare, and the staff will have a week to prepare a game plan as well. I think our chances of winning are good.

UI 64
MSU 60

Osceola, WI
I think we lose a close one at home to MSU on Sunday, but run the table after that.

I just feel like its going to take some time for our offense to gel with RR coming back. I think they need one more game to figure it out. Once they get it figured out I think we become a really scary 7-11 seed in the NCAA tournament.

I think we lose a close one at home to MSU on Sunday, but run the table after that.

I just feel like its going to take some time for our offense to gel with RR coming back. I think they need one more game to figure it out. Once they get it figured out I think we become a really scary 7-11 seed in the NCAA tournament.

I don't think the offense needs any time to gel. Nunn and Hill have stayed aggressive and Rice is playing within himself. Rice just needs a little time to get his shooting back in form and so far he has done a good job of being patient until that stroke comes back.

I am nervous about it too....for most of mich game and wisky game we didn't seem like the same team. Just very tentative, turnovers and not very good passing...4 assists on 18 FGs at wisky...not the same ratio we enjoyed before RR came back. Not his fault at all...just seems to be less effective ball movement in the last two games.

I am nervous about it too....for most of mich game and wisky game we didn't seem like the same team. Just very tentative, turnovers and not very good passing...4 assists on 18 FGs at wisky...not the same ratio we enjoyed before RR came back. Not his fault at all...just seems to be less effective ball movement in the last two games.

We had 13 Assists to 7 TOs in the Michigan game and I'm sure the assists would of been higher had the team hit more shots especially in the 1st half. Ray is actually doing a good job of letting the game come to him even in the Wisconsin loss. If we shoot better we will have more assists plain and simple.

Against MSU we are going to have to get rebounds and protect the ball. It might be a blessing we got blasted against Wisconsin so Groce can preach it in practice and we can back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.