Pregame: Illinois vs Michigan State, Tuesday, February 11th, 8:00pm CT, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one thing that hopefully will be evident is that Kofi is a lot more aggressive, better, and is playing more physical. He didnt do that in December vs MSU and I hope he plays big and uses his mass to as advantage against the skinny Bingham. We are seeing more and more of that out of Kofi and i expect that tonight.
Izzo's boys will try to bully us. We can't back down.

If Georgi and Kofi simply play average we win. Assuming the other guys don’t play like dog crap. The former gents I mentioned MUST hit their shots down low! Kofi, dunk the dadgum ball! You are not a finesse player! So don’t act like you are. Go up strong and finish!

Win tonight is simply critical. If we do?

MSU W
@RU L
@PSU L
NU W
@NW W
IU W
@tOSU W
Iowa W

so 21-9/14-6 win 1 in BBT we are a 6/7, win 2 we are a 5/6/4 win the BTT we are a 3/4. That’s sort of how I “hope“ it goes for our most likely scenarios?

If Georgi and Kofi simply play average we win. Assuming the other guys don’t play like dog crap. The former gents I mentioned MUST hit their shots down low! Kofi, dunk the dadgum ball! You are not a finesse player! So don’t act like you are. Go up strong and finish!
Jive Turkey! lol Picturing you saying this like George Jefferson! But i totally agree.
Kofi has yet to play as aggressive offensively as i would like but we saw some glimpses last game. He said recently he has a 37 0r 38 inch vertical. If that is the case unleash that talent with that size! That will be even more fun to watch!

Tacomallini

Washington State
Let’s hope Andres Feliz is feeling well. Think it was him that gave Winston fits on defense in last year’s win, but he was illing w/ flu in this year’s MSU game

Not liking Spartanswire/usatoday matchup analysis using kenpom stats:
"Overview
Michigan State: 16-8 overall, 8-5 Big Ten
-No. 10 in adjusted efficiency
-No. 19 in adjusted offense
-No. 17 in adjusted defense
-No. 101 in adjusted tempo

Illinois: 16-7 overall, 8-4 Big Ten
-No. 27 in adjusted efficiency
-No. 41 in adjusted offense
-No. 25 in adjusted defense
-No. 250 in adjusted tempo

This will be a matchup of two desperate teams. After being tied for the Big Ten lead just two weeks ago, Michigan State and Illinois have lost a combined five straight games...."

The fellas should not need any more motivation but the fact that MSU is favored in our Hall is disrespectful! Take it personal and win by 20.

giphy.gif
The GIF uniform appears to be gentry based on height:)....I still think one of the coaches did an amazing job with Kofi FT shooting in nov-Dec...now vs Nov transformation is amazing.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
If you don't believe in this team after watching them win 7 straight in the toughest conference in the nation, you should re calibrate your Expectation-O-meter.

Holler back when the next 7 game B1G win streak comes......

Deleted member 8896

D
There isn't a specific coach in charge of free throw shooting but they do shoot free throws everyday in practice and a lot of times on their own before and after practice.
That probably explains things. If there is no specific coach assigned to that aspect you can have players shooting hundreds if not thousands of free throws wrong teaching bad muscle memory. It’s just as important to coach that aspect too.

That probably explains things. If there is no specific coach assigned to that aspect you can have players shooting hundreds if not thousands of free throws wrong teaching bad muscle memory. It’s just as important to coach that aspect too.
People don't shoot free throws exactly the same way...even if maybe they should. It is not Management 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.