Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Michigan State
Tuesday, February 5th
6:00pm CT
ESPN2

:illinois:

6 out of 7 wins this season have been followed by losses. Let’s make it 6 of 8.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Watching MSU-IU and MSU misses Langford, for sure.....

We gotta be spot on shooting FG and FT to have a chance...Homecourt counts for something but we can't give up as many Off rebounds as we did today.....Winston is the key IMO and trent and ayo are playing fantastic D so we have a chance....
I'm going to watch rest of this game before predicting a score...

We are on a streak, we have one in a row. Love to see Giorgi put it to Ward!

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
MSU will be angry after losing to IU. Hope we can take their best shot and give it right back...

I feel good about this one......
This is the one we've been saving Samba for! I heard from the Barber that was standing by the hotdog vendor. Seriously we need all Bigs on deck, Kipper, DLR, GB, Tev and Samba if needed.

Last edited:
I would totally be on board with many of you feeling good about this one...but MSU has lost 2 in a row. They will be coming into this one with their hair on fire. Has Izzo ever lost 3 games in a row?

Just about 2 years ago (January 15-24, 2017), to Ohio State, Indiana and Purdue.

Deleted member 29907

D
Winston missed a couple at the end of IU. Dealing with Ward and Winston will determine the outcome IMO.
Trent bothered Winston a lot last year. As long as the refs don’t let him use the off hand/arm to shove his way to the basket AND we guard against the back door hopefully we can keep within stricking distance.

This is interesting for kipper, coming off this game after catching this deserved bench ride, went off for what 27 against Michigan state last year? If he comes through maybe hopefully he could have a new mentality as Brad saw in practice leading up to and the game tonight, here’s to it. Gotta wish to your guys to succeed even with a bench role, he has the potential if he ever actually figures it out.

At first I felt nervous after IU beat MSU tonight ... and then I remembered an IU team that had lost (7?) straight beat the Spartans in East Lansing ... if we come to play and play inspired, we can do this. We might not beat ‘em, but we can. I-L-L!

(Full disclosure: I’m in Indianapolis for my sister’s birthday, and we watched both a Butler win and an Illini win today, so I’m feeling confident in my teams!)

"If we come to play" we just may make it to the Big Dance.

We need to figure out a way to get into the top 8 for the B10 Tourney. Samba seems to be the only one that is iffy, rest all have been contributing to some extent. 9, 10 if Samba is ready.

Beat MSU and things become that much more Orange in color. :popcorn:

As long as we compete and continue to show the growth of this team I will be happy win or lose! The identity the program has started to establish has got the BIG talking and they are on their heels!

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
With a big drink of koolaid.....

Illini 71
msu 70

Trent and Ayo contain Winston
GB and DLR contain Ward
Kipper continues rebirth
Tev and AG hit clutch buckets

we win and I can't contain myself !!!!!!

2h7ga2v (1).gif

1373202557-22.jpg

giphy (7).gif

Story of my life.....lol

APS iMBA

Urbana, IL
Michigan State lost that game at the free throw line. We really need to up our game there to be sure we aren't in that situation, because our ft shooting wasn't good vs Nebraska and has been pretty poor in a few games this season.

D.
D.
And, more D.

Followed by transition baskets, until Izzo self melts into nothingness. Make those baskets and we need not think of free throws.

"If we come to play" we just may make it to the Big Dance.

We need to figure out a way to get into the top 8 for the B10 Tourney. Samba seems to be the only one that is iffy, rest all have been contributing to some extent. 9, 10 if Samba is ready.

Beat MSU and things become that much more Orange in color. :popcorn:

I would like to stay away from the 7-10 seeds, assuming Michigan St and Michigan are 1-2. There is a pretty substantial drop off after those 2 teams IMO. I would feel much better playing Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland, etc. And hopefully someone else can mess around and knock off the Michigan's.

If they win it will be based first on Defense and reasonable shooting and rebounding which does not let MSU back in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.