Pregame: Illinois vs Michigan State, Wednesday, March 1st, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakis

Chicago, IL
Incredibly savvy move by the athletic dept to give away free tickets to the students.Not trying to overstate things but the home crowd could definitely be the difference on senior night. The campus knows about this game. My fraternity has turned it into a brotherhood event and will be rolling in about 70 deep. I'm pretty confident that SFC is going to be LOUD.

I said the same thing about the UNC game in the fall.

Incredibly savvy move by the athletic dept to give away free tickets to the students.Not trying to overstate things but the home crowd could definitely be the difference on senior night. The campus knows about this game. My fraternity has turned it into a brotherhood event and will be rolling in about 70 deep. I'm pretty confident that SFC is going to be LOUD.

I will be there and we should have a sellout and a wild crowd from the opening tip till the end

We're going to the game tomorrow night. Don't have the greatest seats but we'll be in the place, nonetheless.

Is the game sold out?

I said the same thing about the UNC game in the fall.
That UNC game was so much fun (until the outcome of the game became apparent). It felt like a preview of what could be happening at Memorial Stadium on a week-by-week basis during the Lovie era.

No reason the SFC can't be just as loud!

downer prediction

I know this is "the worst MSU team in years," but it's one thing to beat an Izzo team in December or January, it's something else entirely to beat one in March. I fear an MSU mini-run puts them up by six or so in the second half, Groce calls the normal stop-the-bleeding time out, and MSU comes out fired up and we come out tight. A missed shot or turnover starts another MSU run, taking the lead to double digits, and the wheels fall off.

Maybe (I pray!) a great crowd and an improved defense can stop that from happening.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
If you buy from Stubhub, currently $28 to get in the door.

There are Legacy Club seats at $47/per. I don't know how great of an experience that is, but here I am contemplating making the drive from Carbondale.

I know this is "the worst MSU team in years," but it's one thing to beat an Izzo team in December or January, it's something else entirely to beat one in March. I fear an MSU mini-run puts them up by six or so in the second half, Groce calls the normal stop-the-bleeding time out, and MSU comes out fired up and we come out tight. A missed shot or turnover starts another MSU run, taking the lead to double digits, and the wheels fall off.

Maybe (I pray!) a great crowd and an improved defense can stop that from happening.

Your point is well taken, but I wouldn't underestimate us. We're playing more confident, and being at home will keep this team fighting. The crowd should be excited and rockin for the first time in a while. Hopefully they respond to that.

I do share the concern that we could run into trouble inside. Not sure what the state of our personnel is for that match-up.

+1 Great move for senior night given the trend in attendance and the recent uptick in our play

Illinisteve25

Champaign
Cant wait for the game tonight! Cant remember the last time there was this much hype surrounding a game in March at SFC! Expecting that we will finally see the place rocking with a full house for the first time since renovations. Yes I know Minny was sold out but that was due to Ws trophy and not the actual game. Wear orange, Be loud, and lets get this W!

Making the drive over from Indy tonight, can't wait to see the boys in action! I know I'm going to be rocking the orange and blue and I can't wait to witness the atmosphere of the renovated SFC! :clappy:

Just win baby.
Play 40 hard minutes.

A ten point lead in the first half means nothing. A 7 point lead with 6 minutes left? Nada. We will not have won anything yet.

A twelve point deficit in the first half will mean nothing. Comeback from 7 down with 6 minutes to go? Keep playing and find out. You havent lost anything yet.

1 minute at time, 5 guys at a time together for 40 minutes.
LETS GO.

chief78

Florida
Great to see the support lining up for the Illini tonight. Wish I could be there in person, but will be watching intently from South Florida tonight. Here's to a great Senior night in Champaign!

So do we fire the coaching staff immediately if the team comes out wearing any jersey other than the 'FIGHTING ILLINI' throwbacks?

So do we fire the coaching staff immediately if the team comes out wearing any jersey other than the 'FIGHTING ILLINI' throwbacks?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Malcolm's favorites, the greys.
But for me, I'll be hoping for the throwbacks.

I think we CAN win this game. I give it about a 50/50 shot. My 2 big concerns are stopping Bridges and if we go in to one of those horrible offensive funks where we don't score for 5-10 minutes. THAT would probably doom us against MSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.