Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Guys, Vegas is kinda making eyes at us from across the room

GlumVapidHuemul-small.gif

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
I would love for Vegas to get this one right, because, despite the bitter taste of “moral victories,” losing to a potential NC by less than 10 does means a lot.

I would love for Vegas to get this one right, because, despite the bitter taste of “moral victories,” losing to a potential NC by less than 10 does means a lot.
I just flat out want the win. If everyone clicks, it's not impossible. Yeah, drinking the Orange Koolaid again. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_726703a7-fde3-5796-a1cd-ffde61794546.html

It’s the first time Frazier has shown flashes of having a kryptonite since bursting out of the phone booth with a cape in December of last season.
“I’ve never had that feeling where I was afraid to shoot the ball,” he said. “I think that’s what’s going on right now because I’m afraid to miss. Coach Underwood has preached to me that if I go 0 for five, I should always think that sixth one is going in.
“That’s the mindset I don’t have right now. I think I’m going to keep missing. I turn down open looks because I’m letting my teammates down and I’m not doing a very good job with that. I need to get back to being more aggressive and helping this team win.”

I’m making my prediction for tonight’s game, and it is: “same as last game -> ‘dunk city’”. I’ll add to that, “pain! and despair!”

I’m wondering if these games are merely like Globetrotter games and we’re the Generals. Because it would not be possible to give up so many dunks if you were actually trying to defend.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
Guys, Vegas is kinda making eyes at us from across the room
We've covered in each of our last two games. Rutgers was only a 5.5 point dog at home against OSU last night which shocked me, then they covered and won. People like to bet CBB home upsets, and for good reason.

3DegreeIllini

Chicago,IL
I just flat out want the win. If everyone clicks, it's not impossible. Yeah, drinking the Orange Koolaid again. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

This is the new slogan for the team! Totally captures the program over the last 5 years or so.

Michigan -9

That's the craziest line I think I've seen this season. Looking at that line and checking advanced metrics sites, we should be getting quite a bit more, closer to 16. Time to bet the beach house on Michigan? Is there a player out I don't know about? Did Trent come out of his slump in a big way?

Be remindful of a few short years ago when the Michigan team's charter plan veered off the runway. And they lost their uniforms. And they didn't get any sleep. And they still beat us.

Be remindful of a few short years ago when the Michigan team's charter plan veered off the runway. And they lost their uniforms. And they didn't get any sleep. And they still beat us.

Epic, brutal game. Thanks for bringing it up, I am going to go throw up now.

We rank 196th in points scored and are 248th in points allowed
Michigan giving up 55.6 a game
Bovada has the Illinii +.9.5
Can anyone convince me I should take the points?
c

Losing by less than 10 means nothing along with a moral victory being meaningless.

Deleted member 29907

D
c
This is one team I would never bet on - WAAAAAYYYYY too inconsistent. If TF, AYO and Kipper were on tonight - we could actually have close game. Problem is - they haven't been on the same night ever.

c

IU on Sunday in AA, outscored UM 34-30 in the 2nd half and Langford and Morgan missed minutes due to foul trouble.

APS iMBA

Urbana, IL

I remember starting out watching that game very hopeful, then wanting to find a place to sob in fetal position by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.