Illinois vs Minnesota
Saturday, November 3rd
2:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I wouldn't be at all surprised to lose out. Never thought I'd say this, but Nebby might be our only chance at another win, and I still don't think we'll be favored.

Deleted member 654622

D
I am taking my son to the Grabble in the Grove and then the football game after. Like it or not, if the program is going to get turned around, all these big recruits that are coming in, need to see an atmosphere worthy of their services. Isaiah, Beason, Cooper, they can all make it to the NFL regardless of the college they choose. So the fan base needs to show them why they should come to ILL. Twitter love only goes so far.

Na. The goal is still the same whether we win or lose this game. Bring in talent and develop it. How many wins we get the rest of the year doesn’t really matter. What’s important is keeping the young talent we have (Bennett and Dorsey not a good start there) and securing NLOIs. If we see more offseason transfers and some important commits get flipped then Lovie’s days will be numbered.
I said if they get blown out, not lose. The last four losses were by 39, 39, 29 and 30 (that's a lot of field goals!). Minnesota is a team they should compete with. If they get blown out, it indicates to me he's lost the team.

I said if they get blown out, not lose. The last four losses were by 39, 39, 29 and 30 (that's a lot of field goals!). Minnesota is a team they should compete with. If they get blown out, it indicates to me he's lost the team.
It seems to me that players on the D side of the ball have been lost by Coach Nickerson.

illini80

Forgottonia
This is clearly a game we should/need to win, but there's not a lot of reason for optimism at the moment. Pretty sure PJ would love to rack up 60 points and 700 yards on us. Earlier in the season I thought we could put a beat down on them and stop him from stealing our recruits. Now, not so much.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Saw somewhere earlier in the season that Minnesota has the youngest team in college football so I guess that excuse is off the table this week.

Well. Looks like we’ll be down a d lineman but that’s cool cause we’ve been so dominant there anyway /s

Dan

Admin
Minnesota -10

Deleted member 649710

D
is Minny still starting that walk-on freshman QB? If so, that will probably limit them to only 900 yards.

the national

the Front Range
hmm, this is a touch one to gauge. It can very easily get ugly. B/c we havent proved that we can stop anyone, i would say:

MIN 49
ILL 27

17-7 MINN at halftime

Minnesota is 10th in offense in Big10 (Maryland is 11th). If we can’t turn it around for a home game with these guys we are in trouble with the likes of Nebraska and Iowa.

I just can’t imagine Minne scoring 40 on us at our place (but they did put up 30 on Iowa). I don’t know... if we think we have a dumpster fire now on D, I can’t imagine what it will be like with 1 more bad showing at home. I hope for sanity’s sake we find a way to hold them to 38 or so and our offense scores a lot to keep us competitive and have a chance

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
Saw somewhere earlier in the season that Minnesota has the youngest team in college football so I guess that excuse is off the table this week.

I watched their game against Indiana Friday night and the telecast said that Minnesota has 58 Freshman (vs. our 38). Minnesota's defense looked so much better than ours. Their secondary actually covered people and challenged passes.....not just attempting tackles 10 yards after the catch. "We're young" isn't going to hold water against Minnesota.

I watched their game against Indiana Friday night and the telecast said that Minnesota has 58 Freshman (vs. our 38). Minnesota's defense looked so much better than ours. Their secondary actually covered people and challenged passes.....not just attempting tackles 10 yards after the catch. "We're young" isn't going to hold water against Minnesota.

That is a little deceiving. 27 of Minnesota's freshman are Redshirts. While only nine of ours were redshirted.

I haven't done a deep dive to see who is actually younger/ less experienced but there is little question that we are as young as anyone in country.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
That is a little deceiving. 27 of Minnesota's freshman are Redshirts. While only nine of ours were redshirted.

I haven't done a deep dive to see who is actually younger/ less experienced but there is little question that we are as young as anyone in country.

Youth of the roster as a whole and youth of the starters/two-deep are different questions. As is experience.

Next year we'll be one of the most experienced teams in the country, and no longer a particularly young one, though we'll be lighter on seniors than many.

By the end of this week, I will have myself expecting a better showing in this game. I want to see some consistent fight and passion this game. Not just the 3-0 start they had against Maryland - that energy level maintained throughout the game. Roll with the punches and punch back like the 2-10 2006 team often did. I want a win and think one is possible, but I really just want to see the Fighting Illini.

Youth of the roster as a whole and youth of the starters/two-deep are different questions. As is experience.

Next year we'll be one of the most experienced teams in the country, and no longer a particularly young one, though we'll be lighter on seniors than many.

No doubt about that. Minnesota has about 20 first or second year players in the 2 deep and Illinois about 27. Both young teams

Status
Not open for further replies.