Admin
Illinois vs Minnesota
Saturday, November 7th
2:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

illini80

Forgottonia
Winnable, but I have no expectations of winning. Hoping we don’t lose any more players to Covid protocols. We likely would need to score 40 to win and I don’t see that happening.

altenberger22

South Carolina
Quite impressed by Coran Taylor against Purdue. (Given that he entered as our 4th string QB, I cut him some slack for all the turnovers.)

And to think he potentially has 2020, plus three more years.....with the new Covid eligibility rules.

illini80

Forgottonia
I wonder when and if the team will release any information thru the week on test results. It’s hard to imagine there won’t be more positives.

It probably doesn’t. If Coran is 4th on the depth chart and he can throw for nearly 300 yards. I’d be at least interested to see what IW can do over a full game.
Nothing against IW, but you can tell he will struggle throwing the ball, shorter stature, not quite the arm strength as others. Super fast and twitchy, doesn't always mean good QB. I am very eager to see what Spann offers. He has a great QB frame, and can be the true dual threat we need without Peters. Simplify the game plan and let him be athletic. Nothing against CT either, but man that throwing motion....

I wonder when and if the team will release any information thru the week on test results. It’s hard to imagine there won’t be more positives.
Players tested positive well before friday last week and they kept it quiet til then, doubt we hear anything about additional positive tests until friday/saturday this week as well.

We might have a chance in this game seeing as we finally face a team that isn't breaking in a new QB for us to give a career day to.

Both teams should come out pissed off based off their first two games.....I am pretty certain one of them will which doesn't bode well for us.

I thought the same thing about giving Spann a couple of snaps in the game. Because right now if CT gets dinged or even out for the whole game next man up and that is Spann right now. I can see him taking some first team snaps this week. Maybe he can do what Mertz did to us. Go Illini!

This is one of those things that was so weird you kind of just have to say "oh ok" even though it really doesn't make any sense.

If getting shellacked 45-7 and scoring the only points and getting shellacked again(game wasn't as close as the score and Purdue gifted us a chance to get back into it) doesn't motivate you I don't know what would. Probably not the 4th string QB. What is the coaching staff doing then???

Nothing against IW, but you can tell he will struggle throwing the ball, shorter stature, not quite the arm strength as others. Super fast and twitchy, doesn't always mean good QB. I am very eager to see what Spann offers. He has a great QB frame, and can be the true dual threat we need without Peters. Simplify the game plan and let him be athletic. Nothing against CT either, but man that throwing motion....
+100 on the throwing motion comment.
(and he's not a runner either. Bad combo)

I'm sort of amazed at the board's willingness to overlook that Purdue never felt threatened in this game, and thus, played very soft defense in the secondary. I judge CT on his technique and instinct... neither of which need 'reps' to show up. And running (low marks for both), passing (low marks for technique, and better for instinct, although inflated by the soft coverage.)

IW needs to start and play the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.