Admin
Illinois vs Minnesota
Thursday, January 30th
6:30pm CT
FS1

:illinois:

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
This is the most worrying in this stretch to me besides Iowa, maybe because neither I nor Illinois has seen Minny before.

Don't get me wrong, I think Illinois can win. But I don't feel as good about it as I did Purdue & Mich.

Holy hell though, this is just fun.

TRank

Pre Purdue, pre Michigan
1579982410395.png

Post Michigan, pre Minnesota (Jan 25, 2020)
1579982453497.png

We improve against everyone, except Rutgers. That is a very good sign.

To provide some perspective, we were (just prior to each game):
Purdue +5.3 (won by 17)
Michigan +4.1 (prior to the Purdue game we were +5.3) (won by 2)

Last edited:
I enjoy how we are taking care of business right now and hope it continues.... I wish we could get the bigs and guards consistent like we did against Purdue... mainly because our bigs struggled tonight, and going forward we have to go against Oturo for Minn who is very good.. then you go at Iowa against a team we don’t match up well with and Garza is playing out of his mind... then you come back home to play Tillman who ate us up last time... then against another skilled Maryland big man jalen smith... so georgi and kofi need to be ready again like they did against Purdue, and ayo and Trent need to continue playing how they have been!!! Don’t let up.. we need a wing to step up, whether it’s Feliz, kip, Alan, tev, monte, someone needs to really be ready.

I enjoy how we are taking care of business right now and hope it continues.... I wish we could get the bigs and guards consistent like we did against Purdue... mainly because our bigs struggled tonight, and going forward we have to go against Oturo for Minn who is very good.. then you go at Iowa against a team we don’t match up well with and Garza is playing out of his mind... then you come back home to play Tillman who ate us up last time... then against another skilled Maryland big man jalen smith... so georgi and kofi need to be ready again like they did against Purdue, and ayo and Trent need to continue playing how they have been!!! Don’t let up.. we need a wing to step up, whether it’s Feliz, kip, Alan, tev, monte, someone needs to really be ready.

The skilled offensive ability of the opposing big isn't why Kofi and GB struggled today. It was just one of those days. It happens.

If we see it 3 game in a row, then I'll worry. But seeing a team win in different ways with different people stepping up is the sign of a good and versatile team.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
This is the first game back for Orange Krush. The SFC will literally be rocking.

Any guesses what our AP ranking will be? I'll say 12.
That place is going to be an absolute zoo! Think about the thousands of Illinois fans who've been waiting to go crazy for a good Illinois team again. It's going to be a powder keg that's ready to blow! I'd love to be there.

TRank

Pre Purdue, pre Michigan
View attachment 5544

Post Michigan, pre Minnesota (Jan 25, 2020)
View attachment 5545

We improve against everyone, except Rutgers. That is a very good sign.

To provide some perspective, we were (just prior to each game):
Purdue +5.3 (won by 17)
Michigan +4.1 (prior to the Purdue game we were +5.3) (won by 2)
I'd print these out and hang them up in the locker room as posters. Our Illini are playing as well as anyone in the Big 10. Keep the team focused on proving themselves. I love the fight in them and how they embrace the moment. BTW, in the last 3-4 games I am finally seeing why everyone is saying Ayo is a Pro. Keep it up Ayo, then go get your $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.