Pregame: Illinois vs Minnesota, Thursday, January 30th, 6:30pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself so nervous for this game because there is so little to gain from an optics standpoint and so much to lose. We are more talented than Minnesota, I think we are better coached, we are playing better and we are at home for the first time in a while, in front of what should be an amped up fan base ... there is just no reason we can afford to lose this one. These types of games are a lot more stressful for fans going in than "at Michigan" or "at #18 Iowa," at least for me! I hope we come out pumped up and even with a bit of a chip on our shoulder that the pundits are still not TOTALLY buying in. :) I'm picking conservatively and guessing that Kofi has a bit of a "slow recovery" from his slump game at Michigan, and Oturu has a great game.

Minnesota 71
Illinois 79

SEVEN STRAIGHT sounds awfully nice! Don't look ahead to Iowa!

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I'm confident this week. Home court advantage. We're playing well. Only Alan should be missing from our Top 8. It's DaMonte time!

ILL 80
MIN 67

tenor.gif

Big Jack

Decatur
Hey anyone know of a good bar to watch the game with other Illini fans in the Fort Myers Beach area

When we hold home court vs the Goofers and can defeat Iowa then we can be a the champs and a 4 seed of better. Lets just take one game at a time but damn i wanna beat Iowa. I got my first wish kicking Purdue's !!! at home when no one can. Lets do this! Go Illiini!

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Hey anyone know of a good bar to watch the game with other Illini fans in the Fort Myers Beach area
My husband and I arrive in Ft Myers on Thursday so we’ll be watching the Minny game at RonDao’s Pizzeria & Sports Bar. We move to the beach on Friday, and we’ll probably watch the Sat game at the hidden gem sports bar near downtown Ft Myers Beach : Lighthouse Resort Inn Tiki bar. We’ll be the ones in the orange and blue Chief gear!
:chief: :hailtotheorange::chief:

jmilt7

Waukegan
Is it game time yet? I need my fix.
I was just going to post something along the same line. Has this game started or been played yet? Seems like a longer space of time than the bye week before the Northwestern game. And there is still one more day to go.

Dan

Admin
Underwood: Michigan was a unique game to rewatch. I felt after the game that we had the best player on the court who made a great play and we won. Probably didn't give enough credit to Andres Feliz. And his impact wasn't just at one end of the court.

Underwood: It was a hard-fought road win. We're certainly not going to give it back. But we didn't have the same energy & pop that we had earlier in the week. But Ayo wasn't going to let us go home with a loss.

Underwood: Minnesota has 2 of the 5 best players in the league, I think. Marcus Carr is tremendous at the point. Oturu is the most improved player in the country. Doesn't have a weakness offensively.

Underwood on Oturu: The guy tomorrow is a lottery pick. I tell a lot of people that he reminds me of Kevin Garnett with his package.

https://twitter.com/DPiper247

Status
Not open for further replies.