Pregame: Illinois vs Mississippi Valley State, Sunday, November 25th, 1:00pm CT, BTN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Mississippi Valley State
Sunday, November 25th
1:00pm CT
BTN Plus

Please direct all questions/comments about BTN Plus to the BTN Plus Thread

:illinois:

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
I seek nothing less than utter annihilation. We have some days off, so the boys have time to recover and I have time to get my hopes up again. We win by at least 25.

TMC999

Not Iowa
Can't wait for another oop to clang off the front of the rim. Was that play just installed?

33399286402_7a1f2481f4.jpg

I feel like these are the games where we can do the whole pressure defense thing. Good competition I feel like we need more pack line.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Bill Walton calling this game too?
He had no recollection of the UI-Gonzaga game. He was pretty entertaining this year compared to past ones though, I'll give him that.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I watched all 3 Illini games and didn't hear Walton mutter one word...Brian and Deon all the way.....It sure was scary when they did those split screen shots showing him playing with his toys tho.....

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
looking forward to seeing how this team responds to adversity. don’t see guys like GB and TF letting this team roll over

SKane

Tennessee

SKane

Tennessee
Andre Payne is their coach.

He is in his fifth year at MVSU.

They were 4 - 28 last year. In conference 4 - 14 (9th).

Coach Payne's best year was 2016 - 2017. They were 7 - 25. In conference 7 - 11 (7th).

Coach Payne's best year was 2016 - 2017. They were 7 - 25. In conference 7 - 11 (7th).

Is he interested in rebuilding ILL?

That's awful. Little confused why they hired a mediocre NAIA coach. Seems like otherwise an okay program that has made the tournament 5 times.

Man I hope so.

Bill Walton: "Did your dad play for Jerry Tarkanian?"
Broadcaster: "My dad was an air traffic controller."
Bill Walton: "How cool would it have been, though, if your dad had played for Jerry Tarkanian?"

Bill Walton: "hey did you see the eagles announced a new tour?
Broadcaster: “Nope, but did you just see that 3 by Xavier?”

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Bill Walton: "Did your dad play for Jerry Tarkanian?"
Broadcaster: "My dad was an air traffic controller."
Bill Walton: "How cool would it have been, though, if your dad had played for Jerry Tarkanian?"

Bill Walton: "hey did you see the eagles announced a new tour?
Broadcaster: “Nope, but did you just see that 3 by Xavier?”

Hilarious. Especially the other guy. You could tell he was getting so frustrated with Crazy Bill and I was cracking up.

PJD86

Texas
Hilarious. Especially the other guy. You could tell he was getting so frustrated with Crazy Bill and I was cracking up.

The other guy, Jason Benetti (Some worthless trivia for you here) is an H-F grad, H-F HS has guys all over the sports announcing/reporting scene, helps to have a fully functioning radio station on your campus! Chuck Garfien (CSN), and a couple Cubs guys went there as well.

As far as the game goes, does anyone think we want to try some new stuff since the game is a blowout on paper, or do we work on what we did the past 4 for 40 minutes? This non-conference schedule sure looks far less intimidating with UNLV, Mizzou and ND scuffling a bit.

As far as the game goes, does anyone think we want to try some new stuff since the game is a blowout on paper, or do we work on what we did the past 4 for 40 minutes? This non-conference schedule sure looks far less intimidating with UNLV, Mizzou and ND scuffling a bit.
None of the stuff we have so far works yet, so we better spend time straightening that out before implementing anything new.

The telling issue for this game is only one thing....if MVSU shoots anywhere near a high %, even if our defense turns them over (which they will), this program strategy will not work long term. It's one thing for Gonzaga to turn it over 17 times or whatever and shoot a high %, but if this caliber of team does it, then it doesn't get much more telling than that.

Tacomallini

Washington State
The telling issue for this game is only one thing....if MVSU shoots anywhere near a high %, even if our defense turns them over (which they will), this program strategy will not work long term. It's one thing for Gonzaga to turn it over 17 times or whatever and shoot a high %, but if this caliber of team does it, then it doesn't get much more telling than that.
I get what you're saying for this season, but does this strategy hold water in the long term when/if we actually have a front court presence, other than a Freshman and 2/3 of a 5th year transfer?
BU pretty tight lipped about Higgs and Kane. I would think we see major minutes from Kane against MVSU, and if not, safe to assume he'll redshirt? Not sure what NCAA rules are exactly but isn't there a cutoff point?
Can't believe I'm writing this, but am wondering what Second and Chalmers' take is on the season so far...haven't seen him in a while. Hope he wasn't hit by a bus at Third and Green.

I get what you're saying for this season, but does this strategy hold water in the long term when/if we actually have a front court presence, other than a Freshman and 2/3 of a 5th year transfer?
BU pretty tight lipped about Higgs and Kane. I would think we see major minutes from Kane against MVSU, and if not, safe to assume he'll redshirt? Not sure what NCAA rules are exactly but isn't there a cutoff point?
Can't believe I'm writing this, but am wondering what Second and Chalmers' take is on the season so far...haven't seen him in a while. Hope he wasn't hit by a bus at Third and Green.

One player inside whether all world or not, will not eliminate the total % of layups and high % of 2 pt shots overall. If a weak team does well, then this strategy doesn't bode well for us short term or long term...as far as Kane, I am sure he redshirts, maybe Higgs also, which in essence gives us a 3 person class for next year of Kane/Higgs/January as of now...3 inside players with length and athletic ability...how it translates, hell it's on the internet so it's french to me? Bon Jour.

Status
Not open for further replies.