Pregame: Illinois vs Missouri, Saturday, December 21st, 12:00pm CT, SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenpom has Missouri rated about the same as Rutgers and DePaul. If this is accurate, then the Illini might be in for a battle. I would guess Vegas puts Illini at -6.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
While we've certainly been playing better of late, we still seem to lack consistency (from game to game and even from half to half). This will be a typical rivalry game and tougher than we all desire. Mizzou will probably come out and hit 5 of their first 7 three's. Still thinking we finish off the non-conference schedule at 9-2.

ILL 69
MIZ 61

Getting tickets, how do I know which side of the arena will be orange? None of the seating charts really say

Hope G and K can create some unplesant memorizes for Mr Tilmon.
Tilmon.jpg

I am most interested in the matchup versus Javon Pickett. I was high on this kid when we signed him from Belleville East. I want to see him matched up with DaMonte. Back in the day I thought Javon would start over DaMonte when he got here.

Interested to see what the crowd is like. Not sure how much interest Mizzou fans have in their team. They play very slow and rely on good defense. They struggle to get Tilmon the ball. They're pretty boring to watch in the games I've seen. I would imagine we will have the fan advantage this year. But Cuonzo is going to suck the air out off the ball which will make it tougher for fans to get into it. If Mizzou had a coach who liked to play fast then this would be one heck of an atmosphere. Quite possibly the best in basketball.

Similar to the Maryland and Michigan games, if we can get to 70 we win.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Imagine the complaints in here about coaching if we'd gone with Clownzo. If we come out defensively as we have the last three games....Miznoz might not sniff 60.

Illinois 72

Miznoz 55

I don't know anything about Mizzou this year, but if we play how we played against Maryland and Michigan, we'll win. I-L-L!

Haven’t seen them play but Smith with .7 assists per game so assume he is not handling the ball much. Guess Clownzo also figured out he wasn’t a point guard.

282 minutes and 6 assists. Tilmon has more per 40 than Smith. Kofi has 9 in the same amount of minutes. As a guard, he almost has to be trying not to get assists to not have accidentally gotten more.

As for the game - just win. Don't care if it is pretty, ugly, fast, slow, by lucky shot or bad call on Mizzou or otherwise.

Anyone have any experience with floor end seats at the Braggin' Rights Game? Are they actual seats or standing only? It appears they may be near the band so I'm unsure of the setup. Thanks

Anyone have any experience with floor end seats at the Braggin' Rights Game? Are they actual seats or standing only? It appears they may be near the band so I'm unsure of the setup. Thanks

Been a few years since I've sat on end....but was near the band and yes there are actual seats but we had to stand most of the time

Interested to see what the crowd is like. Not sure how much interest Mizzou fans have in their team.
I'm guessing there will be a lot of orange this year. When I bought tickets a week ago... lower bowl seats were available on the Mizzou end and if you wanted to sit with the good guys... nosebleeds.

Saw Mizzou play today. We need to play inspired, the effort we gave last year will result in another lost this year. We play our game and we will win. I think both Giorgi and Kofi further ahead than Tilmon.

Guessing that DaMonte will be guarding Charmin and shut him down. Watched part of the game against SIU and wasn’t very impressed. Don’t think Tilmon and Mitch Smith can handle Kofi and Giorgi. However this game in the past hasn’t been very predictable.

Looking forward to the Missery game. I have SEC network. It is on Direct TV 611. Go Illini. Going to be a long week waiting for the game. If we come out in the game like we did against OD we win. We have to play two good halves. Lately we have been putting together a full game. I want to see Tevian battle for us. Watching the OD game when the bench came in to play. It looked like they were very tentative in guarding and shooting. It was like they just wanted to finish the game and get on to finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.