Pregame: Illinois vs Missouri, Saturday, December 21st, 12:00pm CT, SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giorgi's post entry passing from the elbow is brilliant. He and Kofi look a lot more comfortable in the offense together.
Bolded, they've looked fine, IMO. It's the guards that have had to do the most adjusting. The last few games we have made great strides in putting together solid performances. The only thing I'd like to see is to start hitting 3's more consistently.

Illinois vs Missouri
Enterprise Center (St. Louis)
Saturday, December 21st
12:00pm CT
SEC Network

:illinois:
Shoot, I just realized this is on the SEC Network and I don't have the SEC Network (like I'm going to give that conference a single penny). So my choices for a free trial appear to be AT&T TV Now, YouTube TV and Hulu +Live TV. I already used YouTube TV for the UConn football game, can I use another email account? Or does anyone know if any of these other services are as easy to cancel? (YouTube TV was a very simple online process.)

breadman

Herndon, VA
Looking forward to the Missery game. I have SEC network. It is on Direct TV 611. Go Illini. Going to be a long week waiting for the game. If we come out in the game like we did against OD we win. We have to play two good halves. Lately we have been putting together a full game. I want to see Tevian battle for us. Watching the OD game when the bench came in to play. It looked like they were very tentative in guarding and shooting. It was like they just wanted to finish the game and get on to finals.

Thanks for calling this to my attention. As much as I go to 610 for BTN, never even considered to dial into 611 to see if it is even active for me. I am breathing easier now!

And maybe this is just me, but Tilmon looks like he moves like an old man to me. No jump in his step, no energy.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
For those who can access the ESPN app, but do not have the SEC Network; Since ESPN owns the SEC Network, I would think it will be watchable through the app.

Shoot, I just realized this is on the SEC Network and I don't have the SEC Network (like I'm going to give that conference a single penny). So my choices for a free trial appear to be AT&T TV Now, YouTube TV and Hulu +Live TV. I already used YouTube TV for the UConn football game, can I use another email account? Or does anyone know if any of these other services are as easy to cancel? (YouTube TV was a very simple online process.)

Where do you go to get the free trial for the illini game? Do they have a fee? Your post was what I was thinking (not paying for the SEC channel), and I didn't watch the Mich game, but I can never miss this game.

For those who can access the ESPN app, but do not have the SEC Network; Since ESPN owns the SEC Network, I would think it will be watchable through the app.
Thanks for the suggestion, foby, but I just tried to access the SEC Network through the app and received a message that it was unavailable with my provider package and was given a link to upgrade.

Where do you go to get the free trial for the illini game? Do they have a fee? Your post was what I was thinking (not paying for the SEC channel), and I didn't watch the Mich game, but I can never miss this game.
Go to any of the those providers and sign up for a free trial. Make sure you choose a package with the SEC Network. They shouldn't charge you until the free period is over, which is usually a week, so make sure you cancel before the time is up.

YouTube TV was very easy to sign up for and cancel. They charged my PayPal Credit account a penny and took it back right away during the signup process to make sure the account was valid. Back then, they had a special for a free three week trial.

I'm really curious what the crowd will be like ... for the sake of our program and this game, I hope it's a good turnout. However, Missouri is not having a good year (I watched a bit of their last home game, and I am not sure we have had that bad of a crowd in our program's history, haha), and the game time sucks. :( For reference, here are the last five turnouts:

2018-19: 16,397 at 7:00 pm on a Saturday
2017-18: 21,289 at 7:00 pm on a Saturday
2016-17: 12,409 at 6:00 pm on a Wednesday
2015-16: 14,456 at 6:00 pm on a Wednesday
2014-15: 20,079 at 1:00 pm on a Saturday

I will note that, from my memory, the two crappy Wednesday crowds still had our sides pretty full (i.e., a near-empty Mizzou side caused the low attendance), so I still expect a lot of orange there. I just hope Mizzou fans hold up their end of the bargain. Even when we had an afternoon time in 2014, there was still a pretty good turnout ... then again, we had a prime time slot last year, and the crowd was down. I am going to predict something around 17,000 to 18,000 with a LOT more orange.

These bums are pretty high on my lack-of-respect list. Beat them, and by a lot. Then make them play against Tyler.

And then let Tyler drill a 3 right in MS's face. That would be the cherry on the sundae!

I'm really curious what the crowd will be like ... for the sake of our program and this game, I hope it's a good turnout. However, Missouri is not having a good year (I watched a bit of their last home game, and I am not sure we have had that bad of a crowd in our program's history, haha), and the game time sucks. :( For reference, here are the last five turnouts:

2018-19: 16,397 at 7:00 pm on a Saturday
2017-18: 21,289 at 7:00 pm on a Saturday
2016-17: 12,409 at 6:00 pm on a Wednesday
2015-16: 14,456 at 6:00 pm on a Wednesday
2014-15: 20,079 at 1:00 pm on a Saturday

I will note that, from my memory, the two crappy Wednesday crowds still had our sides pretty full (i.e., a near-empty Mizzou side caused the low attendance), so I still expect a lot of orange there. I just hope Mizzou fans hold up their end of the bargain. Even when we had an afternoon time in 2014, there was still a pretty good turnout ... then again, we had a prime time slot last year, and the crowd was down. I am going to predict something around 17,000 to 18,000 with a LOT more orange.

The crowd is probably going to be weak with a bad time spot and a huge lack of interest on the part of Mizzou. Living in a Illinois suburb of St Louis, I am looking at a Mizzou fanbase that is the most depressed that I have seen them in 50 plus years. When they were horrible in football in the 80s and 90s, they had Stormin Norman in BB.

This started in the fall of 2015, when in the period of about 90 to 120 days the following plums fell on them:

There beloved football coach is arrested for DUI. Mug shot was about as bad as Heather Locklears

There 12-2 QB Matty Mauk appears in a old party video snorting a white substance immediately followed by 4 horrible football losses. Leaves the team.

Campus protest are followed by a threat from members of the football team to boycott the BYU game in Kansas City. Mishandled by Pinkel.

The human lightning rod Melissa Click can't get off the nightly news. Jeff City demands her firing or money will be cut. Not really said out loud but everybody in CoMo knew that was the case. Fired, now at Gonzaga.

Pinkel's non hodgkins lymphoma, which he had had for several years suddenly flares up and he retires.

A growing realization that maybe the SEC isn't the marriage made in heaven. I have a lot of SEC friends and relatives who will tell me point blank "they are not really one of us".

I actually feel some sympathy for them. Man, that was a rough 120 days.

Thanks for calling this to my attention. As much as I go to 610 for BTN, never even considered to dial into 611 to see if it is even active for me. I am breathing easier now!

And maybe this is just me, but Tilmon looks like he moves like an old man to me. No jump in his step, no energy.
Great call reminds me of Greg Oden without all the talent

Tacomallini

Washington State
Go out and do some day drinking. Then hail an Uber.

Mizzou should be in the Big 10 instead of Rutgers. /hijack

I was semi retired when this SEC thing went down and worked a lot of SEC territory plus CoMo. The Big 12 was close to imploding (Texas in time ruins all conferences that it is part of) and it was a slobberfest at Mizzou at the thought of getting in the Big10. They really really wanted it, I mean in the worst way.

The Big was more interested in Washington DC, Baltimore and the New York metroplex. More TVs, more money.

Just fly/drive to st louis, get ticket and save subscription fee

Go to any of the those providers and sign up for a free trial. Make sure you choose a package with the SEC Network. They shouldn't charge you until the free period is over, which is usually a week, so make sure you cancel before the time is up.

YouTube TV was very easy to sign up for and cancel. They charged my PayPal Credit account a penny and took it back right away during the signup process to make sure the account was valid. Back then, they had a special for a free three week trial.

Thank you!

I live in Chicago and my 2 roommates as well as many in our friend group are Mizzou grads. They have zero interest in this game and I just don't understand. I think this is one of the most fun rivalry's in college sports but when I try to rile them up about the game they point blank tell me they don't care and only care about the rivalry with Kansas. This year when I tell them Kofi is going to man handle Tilmon they are more interested in talking about their new football coach. I expect this game to be mainly a sea of orange and an ILL beat down of the tigers. It feels as if this rivalry is on its deathbed IMO

I get why they wouldn't care. It is hard to get excited when you know you are probably about to get an L and your opponent isn't even nationally recognized as being a powerhouse. At least with Kansas if they squeak out the W it means more to more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.