Pregame: Illinois vs Missouri, Saturday, December 21st, 12:00pm CT, SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t shake this feeling that Mizzou, as one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the country, rains 3s all game on us. Really really hope this looks like the Michigan game for us in terms of defensive game plan and execution
Yeah...feel we likely win but certainly not over confident. Can't help off Smith when he is outside three point line and must switch screens. Hope we don't see a negative form of "poetic Justice". Not criticizing Underwood here because I don't know what happened but would be sickened if Smith beats us.

I think next year, it will be back.

Maybe, but maybe not.

So many things changed for the worse.
* Illinois hasn't been relevant
* Neither has Missou except that #1 recruiting class, which Martin parlayed into....a first round loss in the dance. Which is more than we can say since we stayed home.
* More fragmented coverage of college bball, and sports generally.

I think the first step is getting back the fan base. Winning is the obvious solution, but there are other things you can do to make the experience at AH better, and the team more supported.

Truly, everything starts with recruiting, and BU and crew are getting it done. Get talented and exciting players and more fans come. I remember the Zook years, and how many exceptional guys we had that went in the first round. Regardless of the score, you see some great plays. Same in bball when we had Frankie, for example. More fun to win, though, and you get more fans paying attention.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I would like to see Missouri get relevant again so the game rocks like the old days. Just not under Martin.

I really think Kofi is going to have his way with Tilmon.

I really wish we had gotten Pickett. Like Goodwin those types of guys really can make a team. Damonte has it but not the scoring.

Inserting Damonte into the starting lineup has been the key to stability. I'm sure his offense will come around as he gets more comfortable in the starting role. But he is really asserting his will on the defensive end, and this is what we need right now. The game is staying in reach from the beginning and this fuels the confidence as the game goes on.

Maybe, but maybe not.

So many things changed for the worse.
* Illinois hasn't been relevant
* Neither has Missou except that #1 recruiting class, which Martin parlayed into....a first round loss in the dance. Which is more than we can say since we stayed home.
* More fragmented coverage of college bball, and sports generally.

I think the first step is getting back the fan base. Winning is the obvious solution, but there are other things you can do to make the experience at AH better, and the team more supported.

Truly, everything starts with recruiting, and BU and crew are getting it done. Get talented and exciting players and more fans come. I remember the Zook years, and how many exceptional guys we had that went in the first round. Regardless of the score, you see some great plays. Same in bball when we had Frankie, for example. More fun to win, though, and you get more fans paying attention.

I actually meant I think we’ll host a game at the UC again next year, sorry. :p

his offense

His offense can stay where it is right now...he is the key in that rotation for rebounding/defense, do the little things for this set. Feliz can take over the offense and defensive help when DaMonte is out with Griffin scoring and Ayo picking up the rebounding as well.

And neutral court and Mizzou isn’t that much worse than we are. Line actually started much closer.
MS didnt do much last year and they pulled away in the last 6 minutes ...entertaining and close for 34 minutes.
I always thought Geist was more valuable than his stats and he is gone. I expect Illini to win by 5+.

Ayo - 16 with defense and rebounding
TF - 17 starts hot from 3 pt range
Kofi - 14 and 14 giving Tilmon hell
Giorgi - 11 and 8
DaMonte - 7 Bodies up Smith with Feliz as well.
Griffin 9 3-4 from 3 pt range
Kipper 5 and 6

5 from somewhere else? 84 Illini - Mizzou 76

Smith 13
Pickett 6
Tilmon 15
Watson 11
Smith 8
McKinney 7
D Smith 12

4 elsewhere = LOSS!

His offense can stay where it is right now...he is the key in that rotation for rebounding/defense, do the little things for this set. Feliz can take over the offense and defensive help when DaMonte is out with Griffin scoring and Ayo picking up the rebounding as well.

agreed. I don’t care if Damonte doesn’t score another point. We are a better team since he became a starter. (Not a knock on Dre - just better balance of scorers throughout the game with Dre bringing scoring to the bench squad).

I just never want to see Damonte Drive the baseline, then leave his feet behind the parallel line of the backboard, then start deciding what to do with the ball. Happens at least once a game.

No surprise....this game is always close.
And we haven't proven that we can win a neutral site/road game vs a good team yet. We coughed up a second half lead vs Maryland and Arizona blew the doors off us. With success, Vegas will catch up.

Glad to hear that the Illini are #1 in allowing the fewest FTs per FGA. Keep defending and rebounding like we have and good things will continue to happen. We just need to work on our TO issues.

Ayo - 16 with defense and rebounding
TF - 17 starts hot from 3 pt range
Kofi - 14 and 14 giving Tilmon hell
Giorgi - 11 and 8
DaMonte - 7 Bodies up Smith with Feliz as well.
Griffin 9 3-4 from 3 pt range
Kipper 5 and 6

5 from somewhere else? 84 Illini - Mizzou 76

Smith 13
Pickett 6
Tilmon 15
Watson 11
Smith 8
McKinney 7
D Smith 12

4 elsewhere = LOSS!
Tillmon outscoring Kofi is Kofi giving him hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.