Pregame: Illinois vs Missouri, Saturday, December 22nd, 7:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Missouri (Enterprise Center, St. Louis, MO)
Saturday, December 22nd
7:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

I'm an Illini fan, my sister's family are all Missouri fans. We're getting together to watch the game. I'm out-numbered by a substantial amount. I like my chances :rock:

Partially due to non-sports reasons - always around Christmas, usually on a Saturday night, my non-Illini friends will actually watch since they think it’s cool, etc. - this is still my favorite sporting event of the year. This game goes beyond records, boys; look at “FIGHTING ILLINI” on those beautiful throwbacks (SERIOUSLY, Brad, this is a no-brainer here) and play with EVERYTHING you’ve got. We have a tradition of utterly dominating Misery. Do your part to add to it.

Missouri 71
Illinois 74

foby

Bonnaroo Land
A bazillion to 3. Illini win.

I will be there. Will be emotionally invested in this one. Must win for fan pysche this year. Otherwise, Eeyore's will be out in force.

Deleted member 8213

D
Got tickets on the floor for the wife and I... leave for Mexico Sunday morning... sure will make the week of scuba diving and tequila on the beach a lot sweeter if we get our 6th in row!

Lower bowl sold out, upper bowl looks to be about 50-60% full. So not as good as last year but not bad. Last year it got loooouuuudd in there

Missouri has lost to Iowa State, Kansas State and Temple. The beat Central Florida in OT and beat five mid-majors. This looks to be a very winnable game.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
This game is going to be a big one for the team's psyche for the rest of the year. Kenpom has Mizznoz at #92 and Fighting Illini #94, with obviously very similar performance ratings. One thing that sticks out is Strength of Schedules: Missouri #168 Illini #19. Because we're more battle tested, so I look for us to grind this one out.
Fighting Illini 68
Mizznoz 66

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Who wants to predict what the line will be...

I'll go with Illini -2.5

Who wants to predict what the line will be...

I'll go with Illini -2.5

The Good Illini could win this one by 10+. The bad Illini would lose this one by roughly 10, after being down more. An average showing makes it a nail biter.

If I'm Vegas, I make it a pick-em game.

Looking forward to seeing our 3 star freshman completely outclass their 5 star soph.

Hands Malone

Quad-Cities, IL
Illini win 78 - 65. Trent with 25, Kipper with 18 and 20 to 12 bench points differential. Ayo and Griffin shine. Tilmon fouls out midway in the second half and Smith had 12 points in a losing effort. Mizzou had over 25 turnovers to Illinois 15.

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Kinda unfortunate that both teams are not that great this year. The hype around last year's game was incredible. At least there is still the juicy narrative around Mark Smith.

just snagged 4 tickets for my buddies and i. section 322. this is my first time in the Scottrade Center (refruse to call it the Enterprise), what should i expect? Is this the illini section? I know i’ve sat in the nosebleeds at the United Center and it wasn’t too bad, is it a comparable viewing experience?

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
Evansville - East Tennessee - UNLV - Mississippi Valley State. That's it. Those are our 4 wins this year. All were at home.

Tiggers 84
ILLINI 75

Mark Smith leads all scorers with 26. On the positive front, I still hold out hope that we pass Rutgers for 13th place in the Big 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.