Pregame: Illinois vs Nebraska, Monday, February 24th, 7:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

haasi

New York
By far the most important thing tonight is to come away with a win. And this is a game we definitely should win if we play hard the whole game.

That said, I’d like to beat pants off them with a great team effort. This is a very good opportunity to get right offensively. Per Kenpom, they’re number 158 defensively - way worse than most teams we play. Big ten has 11 teams in top 40 and several among those are stellar defenses. Nebraska and NW have by far the two worst Ds in the league. This is a perfect game to work out kinks, get good looks for Giorgi and Kofi inside, get Trent and AG open 3s, and maybe get another guy going offensively (Damonte, Tevian). Nebraska is undersized. We need to get the ball inside to Kofi and Giorgi in good position and get them good looks or have them kick back out to open shooters. With Kofi, the inside out game is critical to our offensive success, and there’s no better game than this one to try to get it going. we should also own Nebraska on the boards.

ILLINIFAN2

Des Moines, IA
Hey everyone, I'm in downtown DC and thought I would ask everyone if they know of a bar that broadcasts BTN for tonight's game? Thanks!

looking for some gameday advice for the Indiana game. Bringing the family their first game and haven't been to assembly hall in probably 15 years. Have a prepaid parking spot in E14 - any advice on easiest driving route around the Hall and just how early we should get there (kids are 8 and 5 so trying to avoid as much downtime as possible) given the sellout?

I suggest you get there about 45 minutes before tip off at the latest as there are now metal detectors at the 5 entrances and lines start to back up the closer you get to tip off. There is a clear bag/purse policy for women as well. From Neil Street (rt 45) either Kirby or St Mary's road gets you to E14 (I would probably take St Mary's road and then go north on Oak or 1st Street. If you want to do something really special for the kids I think you can pay extra and be in the tunnel as the team comes out on the floor. I'd contact the ticket office for information on that. Enjoy

I suggest you get there about 45 minutes before tip off at the latest as there are now metal detectors at the 5 entrances and lines start to back up the closer you get to tip off. There is a clear bag/purse policy for women as well. From Neil Street (rt 45) either Kirby or St Mary's road gets you to E14 (I would probably take St Mary's road and then go north on Oak or 1st Street. If you want to do something really special for the kids I think you can pay extra and be in the tunnel as the team comes out on the floor. I'd contact the ticket office for information on that. Enjoy

Great info. I went this year, and they wanted to take away my little bitty pocket knife, I say "no way" and I hid it behind a tree which just took a minute, but in the mean time, a huge, slow moving, line formed, and I almost missed tip off. Back when I was a season ticket holder, and they had a Chief, I bet I had a knife in my pocket every game.

Great info. I went this year, and they wanted to take away my little bitty pocket knife, I say "no way" and I hid it behind a tree which just took a minute, but in the mean time, a huge, slow moving, line formed, and I almost missed tip off. Back when I was a season ticket holder, and they had a Chief, I bet I had a knife in my pocket every game.
News flash, security measures have changed a bit in recent times.

Hoopster

Peoria, IL in a van down by the river
Over/under 146.5 seems a bit high doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.