BTN

:illinois:

All the potential in the world for this to have been a great experience:
Undefeated
Huge crowd
Big ten opener
Chance to make a statement

All gone...

They better win this game if they want any chance to salvage some sort of worthy season. Not sure how they’re gonna do it (too many issues to fix in a week), but it better happen.

redwingillini11

North Aurora
I bet you we will keep it closer than you think. It will just make this past game feel all the more frustrating.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
I bet you we will keep it closer than you think. It will just make this past game feel all the more frustrating.

Yeah I have a hard time seeing this being a team that will roll over in a game like this as in previous years, but I guess we'll see.

Deleted member 19448

D
At least it is a night game so a Papa Dels pregame visit will be in order. Doesn’t work with those 11 am starts. I may just stay there and not bother with the game. No reason to think it is anything other than a beat down.

How many yards do they effortlessly throw for? I’m an orange kool aid guy usually, but color me depressed...

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I'll be surprised if they don't rack up 500 yards of total offense against us.

There has been zero evidence that this defense is going to get netter. This game is going to be ugly.

We do a little better than NIU yesterday, 48-14 Nebraska clowns 🤡 us

Yeah I have a hard time seeing this being a team that will roll over in a game like this as in previous years, but I guess we'll see.

In the immortal words of Zapp Brannigan, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

But seriously, how much does passion and desire matter when the team (coaching, talent, both) just isn't up to the task?

Sawicky

Chicago, IL
Nebraska isn't that good guys. They were way over hyped this season and they will also struggle in the Big. If Illinois loses its going to be by 10 or less.

Husker fans travel well. Stands will be half red if not more. Feels like the game where their offense really puts it together (with help from our defense lol). We lose the turnover battle 4-1 and several costly penalties lead to a 49-17 loss.

Deleted member 654622

D
There giving tickets away to students....yes we are UCONN level

There giving tickets away to students....yes we are UCONN level

As they should be. No student should need to pay to watch this.

My wife, who has no connection to U of I nor Illinois football (other than being married to this sap), showed me a picture she came across Instagram making fun of how few students were in the student section.

Nothing new to those who frequent this site, and something that has been made fun of in the past, but the complete and total apathy from the student base towards this program needs to be addressed.

Obviously winning football games would be the most ideal way, but when you lose to EMU you need to take things in a different direction. Especially when you have a fan base that travels as well as UNL

Deleted member 649710

D
52-17 Nebraska, and I agree that the Huskers are not very good. Any illusions that Lovie is going to turn this around will die under the lights.

We should be giving tickets away. I was considering flying back to IL for a game this year- and tickets are 50$ - 150$ a piece. Ridiculous prices for an empty stadium and an unispired team. They should make tickets at the door somewhere between 0-5$ just to try and make the stadium look less pathetic

My wife, who has no connection to U of I nor Illinois football (other than being married to this sap), showed me a picture she came across Instagram making fun of how few students were in the student section.

Nothing new to those who frequent this site, and something that has been made fun of in the past, but the complete and total apathy from the student base towards this program needs to be addressed.

Obviously winning football games would be the most ideal way, but when you lose to EMU you need to take things in a different direction. Especially when you have a fan base that travels as well as UNL

Unfortunately the problem seems to be mainly with the students that are now enrolling at UIUC. There have been studies/surveys of the student body done and most of the students state they are at UI for one reason only - for the degree from this particular school. They show little interest in anything outside of their studies. There is some work being done to identify ways to rectify this but unfortunately that means changing the culture of a great many who have no interest at all in athletics.

Unfortunately the problem seems to be mainly with the students that are now enrolling at UIUC. There have been studies/surveys of the student body done and most of the students state they are at UI for one reason only - for the degree from this particular school. They show little interest in anything outside of their studies. There is some work being done to identify ways to rectify this but unfortunately that means changing the culture of a great many who have no interest at all in athletics.
I hope they are at least partying on Saturdays instead of studying

Honestly, no student should have to pay whether we’re garbage or undefeated and have won 5 straight championships.

It’s a bad look that any university charges students to sit in a STUDENT section...

They are setting themselves up for failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.