Pregame: Illinois vs Nebraska, Saturday, September 21st, 7:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMetroid

Evanston
I think we fall behind early, don’t exactly get blown out, but are never really in it. Something like 44-24. Hoping to be surprised.

Just wondering what your definition of blowout is?

Well losing by 20 is really just 1 score short of the spread so that's not too bad. Losing 46-7 at home and 63-0 at home like we did last year are blowouts.

Deleted member 651864

D
It's hard to get excited about this game tonight after a bad loss last week. I'm always optimistic, and am usually heartbroken afterwards. I look forward to better times with the next coaching staff (hopefully an alumni).

Nebraska 45
Illinois 17

Deleted member 645583

D
A slaughter. In the rain like up here? Nebraska whatever, Illinois 3. Illini football stinks. Rancid.

IF i remember last years D was 126 out of 130 teams. Even with another year of experience i'm not sure how much better you can expect the defense to play., especially when losing your top pass rusher and presumably one of top DB. I do expect the defense to improve from last year(can't get much worse) , but i think it will take another year for this defense to be "average". Which i think with an improving offense will be enough to win 6 games next year. I can see wanting thiis happen sooner but i don't think it's a realistic expectation.

I just don't see this staff being able to create discipline and correct our flaws or make any in game adjustments. Not necessarily calling a blood bath, but predicting 48-17

LJ22

Chicago, IL
Legends is infested with Huskers. It's pretty gross.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I am honestly up in the air about this game.
I have not watched any Nebby games or highlights.
On the other hand, we seem to be regressing rather than getting better with each game.

So, my questions are what has Lovie not shown on defense, and what has Rod not shown on offense in order to prepare for the conference part of the schedule?
I guess we will all see in a few hours.

I am honestly up in the air about this game.
I have not watched any Nebby games or highlights.
On the other hand, we seem to be regressing rather than getting better with each game.

So, my questions are what has Lovie not shown on defense, and what has Rod not shown on offense in order to prepare for the conference part of the schedule?
I guess we will all see in a few hours.

I’d hope they would’ve pulled out all the stops last week, given that we lost.

Thinking we’ve seen it all.

breadman

Herndon, VA
It's nearly completely transitioned to "Who's gonna be our coach next year" season, but not quite. The transition should be complete later tonight.

Lovie will be here next year. No matter what happens tonight.
You know you want him to be.

It seems we have no hot routes to avoid a sack and make the other team pay.

No one in the secondary understands that they should prevent the other team from completing passes.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I’d hope they would’ve pulled out all the stops last week, given that we lost.

Thinking we’ve seen it all.

All the stops were pulled out to tie the game.
Unfortunately, the defense didn't get the memo on that last drive.

illini80

Forgottonia
Either we find a way to get some pressure on Martinez or it gets really ugly. We know we can’t cover anyone. Our best hope is to make them run, contain Martinez and hope the offense can use some clock on extended drives. Of course we have seen none of that so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.