:illinois:

Christian County, IL
9pm? :crazy:

That's past bedtime for most of the bluehairs. :D

Free tickets for all UI students.

https://twitter.com/IlliniHoops/status/571403040986681344
@IlliniHoops
#Illini students have KRUSHED it all year. Here's a THANK YOU for the love. ��
FREE TIX: http://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro?linkID=illinois&evm=myac&msgCode=32000&shopperContext=ST&returnURL=/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList%3FlinkID%3Dillinois%26groupCode%3D%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26shopperContext%3DST&url=/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList%3FlinkID%3Dillinois%26groupCode%3D%26RSRC%3D%26RDAT%3D%26shopperContext%3DST

New York
Great idea. It's a big game. Hopefully it's a full house.

Coming in from Indianapolis to honor the seniors and support the Illini :illinois:

Jason Heggemeyer
‏@B1GTicket
#Illini Students: 1700 kids have already claimed @IlliniHoops vs Nebraska tix for Wed night. Get them now. They're moving fast. HUGE GAME.

Including Krush, there will be more than 3,000 students there on Wednesday.

Hopefully that number keeps climbing.... How many current Krush members/floor seats are there? How many student floor seat (orange seats) will there be next year after renovation?

Los Angeles
Should be an emotional night. Can't believe it's the last time Nnanna wears the jersey at home. That time flew by.

UNL is reeling, and we're playing for our postseason lives on Senior Night and in front of a (hopefully) full house. I think we win by double digits. No way this team overlooks UNL because of PU looming.

UI 67
UNL 55

Normal, Illinois
Heard on the radio that we are 13-2 at home this year. One thing that has been lacking for a few years is the home court advantage that the House of Paign brought, and it seems to be making a comeback.

No kidding. 10 pm for me. I guess I'll DVR and watch from the treadmill in the morning. It seems that there have been a lot of late games this year. Maybe it's just my perception based on getting old.

Champaign
Wow, this is it for Rice and Egwu. Starks too, but obviously Nnanna is one who's been here the longest. Hope they play inspired basketball and blow the Huskers out of the building.

That's insulting. I'll have you know I stay up past 9:30 nearly every night. Can party down til past 10 on the weekends.

Kirksville, MO
Heard on the radio that we are 13-2 at home this year. One thing that has been lacking for a few years is the home court advantage that the House of Paign brought, and it seems to be making a comeback.
Should have been 16-0, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.
We need to get back to winning 99% of our home games.

Chicago
Including Krush, there will be more than 3,000 students there on Wednesday.

How about the SFC staff identify all section A seats that remain uninhabited in the first half and offer those seats to section C folks. They should do this *every* game. I believe that some others (Breslin?) do this. Why don't we?

This would make for the most intense atmosphere all year for the second half!

No kidding. 10 pm for me. I guess I'll DVR and watch from the treadmill in the morning. It seems that there have been a lot of late games this year. Maybe it's just my perception based on getting old.

You are correct. The addition of Rutgers and Maryland means that BTN needs to squeeze more games into its schedule. That results in some days like Wednesday where they need to fit 3 game in one day. This Wednesday there are BTN games at 5, 7, and 9 CT. Unfortunately, we got stuck with the late one.

Last game of the empty gray A seats! Hooray!!! Seems like it's been a lifetime (save for some brief interludes), cause it has.

Champaign
How about the SFC staff identify all section A seats that remain uninhabited in the first half and offer those seats to section C folks. They should do this *every* game. I believe that some others (Breslin?) do this. Why don't we?

This would make for the most intense atmosphere all year for the second half!

I am and always have been on board for ideas like this, but the problem is what if some of those original A-section people show up for the second half? I know it's unlikely, but I've seen people file into seats around me at halftime or even in the second half. Seems like if you had the perfect storm of a C-sectioner refusing to move from their new A-seats and an A-sectioner who's pissed at the C-setioner for sitting there it'd be a logistical nightmare.

Instead I would suggest lowering the price on A-section seats that remain unsold a few hours before the game. For instance, I looked at the "pick my seat" feature yesterday about an hour and a half before the Northwestern game, and there rows upon rows of A-section seats that were available. Trouble is, at $51.00 a seat plus a $13.00 "service charge," who wants to pay upwards of $115 for last-minute seats? Offer them at a lower price or even for FREE to C-sectioners because then there's the guarauntee that no one else will be seating in them. If you offer people A-section seats that could potentially already be occupied, it could be a mess.

Last edited:

I am and always have been on board for ideas like this, but the problem is what if some of those original A-section people show up for the second half? I know it's unlikely, but I've seen people file into seats around me at halftime or even in the second half. Seems like if you had the perfect storm of a C-sectioner refusing to move from their new A-seats and an A-sectioner who's pissed at the C-setioner for sitting there it'd be a logistical nightmare.

Instead I would suggest lowering the price on A-section seats that remain unsold a few hours before the game. For instance, I looked at the "pick my seat" feature yesterday about an hour and a half before the Northwestern game, and there rows upon rows of A-section seats that were available. Trouble is, at $51.00 a seat plus a $13.00 "service charge," who wants to pay upwards of $115 for last-minute seats? Offer them at a lower price or even for FREE to C-sectioners because then there's the guarauntee that no one else will be seating in them. If you offer people A-section seats that could potentially already be occupied, it could be a mess.

Or they could just make it very clear to the A-sectioners that if they don't show up by the end of the first half, their seats WILL be given up and they will have to sit in the upper levels.

Hmmm...what about an upgrade charge for C-Sectioners to be put in the remaining A-section seats before tipoff? Way smaller than the price differential, but still getting the university some money and filling up courtside. Doing this in conjunction with discounts and sales at certain times could solve a lot of the problem.

I've been to a couple games this year, and the place has been rocking each time. Cannot wait for the renovations to finish. SFC will be one of the louder venues in the country.

Hope to see the place rockin' for senior day!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.