Pregame: Illinois vs Nebraska, Wednesday, March 4th, 9:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...what about an upgrade charge for C-Sectioners to be put in the remaining A-section seats before tipoff? Way smaller than the price differential, but still getting the university some money and filling up courtside. Doing this in conjunction with discounts and sales at certain times could solve a lot of the problem.

Thought of this a month ago. Wanted to make it an app. Already exists.
https://www.pogoseat.com/

Iowa City, Ia.
Let's beat Nebraska, and let's make it hurt, and get pumped up and rested for that game in West Lafayette!

Bloomington
Let's beat Nebraska, and let's make it hurt, and get pumped up and rested for that game in West Lafayette!

Play like they did yesterday and they'll beat everybody but Wisconsin and maybe Maryland.

Inside out passing, crisp, and lots of it.

Logan Square, Chicago
I'm excited to watch Austin Colbert continue to progress. Starting to see why he was a 4-star

Panama City, Florida
I'm excited to watch Austin Colbert continue to progress. Starting to see why he was a 4-star

Agreed. I think that he is finally "getting it". He could be a glue type/x-factor player in the future. Seems to be a rah-rah type guy in the huddle and on the bench during games. Kid seems to have bought in and is being rewarded with more PT.

Logan Square, Chicago
Yeah, he's athletic, seems to have good rebounding and passing instincts. Defense is improving. Has a decent shooting touch. Likes to dunk. Works hard even when not getting any minutes. Can run.

There's a lot to like about the guy, and with proper development, he should be a really nice player for us.

Sycamore, Illinois
What time is this game really? BTN had a graphic showing it 9ET/8CT during the Purdue/Ohio St game.

Central Illinois
We are catching Nebraska at a good time. They have lost 8 of their last 9 including their last 6 straight games.

Washington, DC
Everyone is looking past Nebraska. That means a close game. We won't have the same level of focus we had on Saturday night.

Everyone is looking past Nebraska. That means a close game. We won't have the same level of focus we had on Saturday night.

Who is this "Everyone" you speak of? This team should be (and I know Groce is) smart enough and have enough experience to know we can flop ANY time we are not focused.

Who? A few fans? Pretty sure the coaches and players are not. We already lost to Nebraska this year.

Washington, DC
"We" is "everyone." It is one thing to plan on the same level of focus in every game, it is quite another thing to actually deliver that level of focus game after game. This team has no history of consistency.

A more serious answer to the who is looking past question: Look at the NCAA bracketology thread. The talk is virtually all about Purdue, with Nebraska as an unspoken afterthought.

This team is good enough to beat Nebraska as badly as it beat Northwestern, but I will be shocked if that actually happens.

"We" is "everyone." It is one thing to plan on the same level of focus in every game, it is quite another thing to actually deliver that level of focus game after game. This team has no history of consistency.

A more serious answer to the who is looking past question: Look at the NCAA bracketology thread. The talk is virtually all about Purdue, with Nebraska as an unspoken afterthought.

This team is good enough to beat Nebraska as badly as it beat Northwestern, but I will be shocked if that actually happens.

Have you watched Nebraska recently? I don't care if we beat them as badly as Northwestern, as long as it results in a W. I think most people understand there's a chance of losing, but our lack of discussion about Nebraska isn't going to affect anything. Why do you want to force us to talk about Nebraska?

Washington, DC
Oh, I dunno. Seemed worth mentioning, what with this being the Nebraska thread and all.

Nebraska has been very bad lately. Does that mean they will remain consistent?

Oh, I dunno. Seemed worth mentioning, what with this being the Nebraska thread and all.

Nebraska has been very bad lately. Does that mean they will remain consistent?

Considering that they likely won't even be NIT eligible, and don't seem to like each other at this point, I think there's a good chance they won't recover mentally until next season. We, as fans, may be taking them lightly but the staff and players surely won't be.

Kirksville, MO
I don't think there is any chance that this team will come out flat on Senior Night.

Play like we did against Northwestern and this game will be easy. Play like we did the prior three games will be close. Being senior night I don't see any reason why we wont play like we did against Northwestern. Keep it going boys!

Admin
https://twitter.com/IlliniHoops/status/572429073428942848

1K #Illini fans will take one of these home Wed. Let's go 5-5 on #bobblehead nights!

$9 Tix: http://bit.ly/nebraska9tix

Can anyone remember if we have ever had a start time of 9 PM for a home game? What did we do to tick off BTN and draw the last game of their triple header?

I have just assumed that this happens to someone almost every week.
The B1G has 7 weekday games during a full week and that means 3 games one night. Just figured that it was our turn. Has anyone been keeping track?

What I don't get is why the team that starts the year with 4 out of the first 5 games on the road can't finish the season at home? Why do we go to Purdue for the final game? That's the missing love for me.

Kirksville, MO
Can anyone remember if we have ever had a start time of 9 PM for a home game? What did we do to tick off BTN and draw the last game of their triple header?
As a parent of an energetic 3 year-old, this might be the only game I'll get to watch this season fully uninterrupted and in real-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.