Pregame: Illinois vs New Mexico State, Saturday, December 16th, 7:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou is such a class act. He's the consummate gentleman. I hope plenty of Chicago area Illini show up for this game.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
I will be there to honor Lou!

The public initial ticket release was somewhat aggressive so j think there will be good support there.

New Mexico State has A.J. Harris, transfer from tOSU. He's super quick, should be a fun matchup between he and Frazier.

Ashamed to say I will once again be in Chicago this weekend with my girlfriend but will not be able to attend the game ... she was going to get me tickets for my birthday because she knows I'm a huge Illini fan, but we have to go to an event for a wedding we're attending in February that night. :mad:

Either way, I really hope to see an Illini victory in front of a big, orange crowd for Coach Henson!

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
We need to win out our remaining non-con schedule to give ourselves a chance going into conference play. Do that, and I think this team still has a decent shot of making the tournament (short of winning the Big Ten tournament).

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
We need to win out our remaining non-con schedule to give ourselves a chance going into conference play. Do that, and I think this team still has a decent shot of making the tournament (short of winning the Big Ten tournament).

I agree....will be interesting to see the level of play we are at in jan and feb.

The public initial ticket release was somewhat aggressive so j think there will be good support there.

Tickets appear to be very, very available.

There's not much on Stubhub either which is a bad sign that there aren't a lot of purchased tickets in circulation.

Plus the fact that many Chicagoland Illini fans already got their holiday hoops fix at the (hair-pullingly disappointing) Northwestern game, plus the zero q-rating opponent, if this crowd exceeds the UIC debacle of two years ago by any meaningful degree I will be pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of UIC fans among the 5,000 that day. There will be next to no NMSU fans.

I hope to be there, my Dad is in town for the weekend, but he's usually up for a ballgame.

Tickets appear to be very, very available.

There's not much on Stubhub either which is a bad sign that there aren't a lot of purchased tickets in circulation.

Plus the fact that many Chicagoland Illini fans already got their holiday hoops fix at the (hair-pullingly disappointing) Northwestern game, plus the zero q-rating opponent, if this crowd exceeds the UIC debacle of two years ago by any meaningful degree I will be pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of UIC fans among the 5,000 that day. There will be next to no NMSU fans.

I hope to be there, my Dad is in town for the weekend, but he's usually up for a ballgame.

Really? I would be shocked if there's not at least 9-10,000. New coach and style that fans are happy to get behind, plus honoring Lou, plus one of the first opportunities for many to see the exciting freshmen class, plus a Saturday night game. I'm guessing 12,000ish announced attendance.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Really? I would be shocked if there's not at least 9-10,000. New coach and style that fans are happy to get behind, plus honoring Lou, plus one of the first opportunities for many to see the exciting freshmen class, plus a Saturday night game. I'm guessing 12,000ish announced attendance.

Add that it's not like a game where you're taking yourself. Those who go are likely to be twos and threes and more.

illinitrav

NW Suburbs
Based on the ticket availability I'm seeing on the United Center website, this is going to be an embarrassing turnout for Lou Henson night. I'd say 1/3 of the arena will be full at best.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Based on the ticket availability I'm seeing on the United Center website, this is going to be an embarrassing turnout for Lou Henson night. I'd say 1/3 of the arena will be full at best.

I hope it's more than that, but let's face it, our program hasn't yet moved the needle enough, and it will be a reflection of that, not Lou. Honestly, if you said you were going to honor Michael Jordan at halftime, I don't think it would fill the arena.

Things will change, and we will be "must see" basketball (by those of us not already all in) again. I am also sure that whatever crowd is there, they will be very vocal and supportive of Lou.

Earlier in the year, MSU/UK/Kansas & Duke sold out the UC and SRO tickets were $100.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Earlier in the year, MSU/UK/Kansas & Duke sold out the UC and SRO tickets were $100.

Exactly, right now we are the under card, not the main bout. But...to continue my metaphor...I want a knockout on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.