Pregame: Illinois vs North Carolina A&T, Sunday, December 29th, 1:00pm CT, ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs North Carolina A&T
Sunday, December 29th
1:00pm CT
ESPNU

:illinois:

Flight#33

Flight#33
After the Missouri game ,what's the point, every aspect of the game needs improvement. Make a layup in this game and it's a success

NC A & T literally have had almost a different leading scorer in most if not every game this year? Who will have the career night on us?

illini80

Forgottonia
Boy, right now I just couldn’t care less about this game. Another cupcake to pretend we are a decent team against. End up 9-4 in the non-con, win 9 B10 games, limp to the NIT, lose in the second round, watch Kofi declare for the draft. I don’t think I should make any major life decisions in my current state of mind. :sick:

No the seasons not over, but damn they sure know how to suck the fun out of it.

Boy, right now I just couldn’t care less about this game. Another cupcake to pretend we are a decent team against. End up 9-4 in the non-con, win 9 B10 games, limp to the NIT, lose in the second round, watch Kofi declare for the draft. I don’t think I should make any major life decisions in my current state of mind. :sick:

No the seasons not over, but damn they sure know how to suck the fun out of it.

No at large team has ever made the dance with more than 14 losses. Currently, we have 4, so one can do the math.

TMC999

Not Iowa
Effort & attitude can carry this talent. Stop talking and freaking toughen up.

AT&T Broadband should be in for a beating. But knowing us, they will probably hang around long enough for at least the threat of a nut punch.

We need to let the last one go. It's over, past, done. No sense in dwelling. We have one more cupcake, then the real season starts. Win at Michigan State and our schizophrenic fan base will have us in the Final Four again. Again, nice thing about the conference....a ton of bug time opportunities left over the next 2 1/2 months.

illini80

Forgottonia
We need to let the last one go. It's over, past, done. No sense in dwelling. We have one more cupcake, then the real season starts. Win at Michigan State and our schizophrenic fan base will have us in the Final Four again. Again, nice thing about the conference....a ton of bug time opportunities left over the next 2 1/2 months.
I get what you’re saying, but I hope the team dwells on it all week long. Maybe next week too. I hope they are embarrassed about the way they played. We all thought Miami was a turning point. Obviously it wasn’t. Maybe this can be, but not if you forget it after another meaningless win against a vastly inferior team on Sunday.

I get what you’re saying, but I hope the team dwells on it all week long. Maybe next week too. I hope they are embarrassed about the way they played. We all thought Miami was a turning point. Obviously it wasn’t. Maybe this can be, but not if you forget it after another meaningless win against a vastly inferior team on Sunday.
Dwelling didnt happen/work last year leading up to FAU loss. Hopefully this year will be difft

Hope they get the holidays out of the way and work on the half court offense. It's our Achilles heel. Ideally we take a huge lead early and Underwood can run half court sets in live action to get them ready for the Big 10.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Perfect opportunity to work on something else besides the weave. The weave annoys me as much as Zook having everyone to one side on a PAT, and then running into place for the kick...both seem pretty useless.

Wow...big game....I am so excited for this game...if Illinois wins this game it puts the team squarely on the bubble for the NIT...that would be so great.

It's interesting how most of this board lets emotion from the most recent game influence the outlook on the entire season. Yeah, we played a terrible game Saturday, but our dominating win over Michigan was just as real as that game. I see us as a decent but not great team that's capable of playing much better or worse than we really are on any given night. For now, I see us as a bubble team, maybe just outside the bubble. But I definitely think we're capable of making the dance if the Michigan/Marlyand Illini show up more often than the Miami/Mizzou Illini.

Well, my thing is, I can't even believe real anymore because there is no real. Seriously, I am not in any moment and I am seeing we all are here at this moment to get "this is exactly what you need to live through" to realize what is important. 'm trying to argue llinois athletics and, with love, 'm being told,"surely," but there truly are things that matter more.

I looked at that and went."there are?" and cried.then i thought !!!! you and we are going to beat everygoddamned team the rest of the year. I need rehab. no no no

Perfect opportunity to work on something else besides the weave. The weave annoys me as much as Zook having everyone to one side on a PAT, and then running into place for the kick...both seem pretty useless.

I hated the one side PAT as well!
My hoops peave is when the clock does not start and the ball rolls to half court. I am not entertained. Change the rule so that the clock starts if the ball lands in bounds. Just pass the ball to half court.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL ILLINI!
Quiet day here, celebrated on the eve. Got my wife a bottle of Underwood wine. Was compelled to buy it.

GO ILLINI!
ILL

I looked at that and went."there are?" and cried.then i thought !!!! you and we are going to beat everygoddamned team the rest of the year. I need rehab. no no no

Did you see Santa while posting, or was he gone by 4AM?

Bubba Eder

Northeast Missouri
I am completely impressed with our vokabulary and intellagents on this sight anymore wearediehardilluhnoisefans

GNAKG42-HC81-V436-V-cp0x0x872x728-fram640x414x640x4.jpg

We fall short by 20 on this game because they dedicate this one to coach Joyner and play like they want it more.

Well we oughta win going away after our coach out-coaches,....uh wait....yea when that happens...we oughta win going away. Maybe we can press them and see if they get rattled?

Status
Not open for further replies.