Pregame: Illinois vs North Carolina A&T, Wednesday, November 25th, 1:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my head I just have that we will have a slow start but pull away in 2nd half
If this team is as real as we think, it should be a fast start. The main pistons have played together long enough to know how each other operate. The new guys will either figure it out, or return to the bench for coaching.

Top 10 teams should be able to stomp and take the life out of their opponents will to play, early in a game.

Agreed, we need a ruthless mentality every day. 40 minutes to take the will to ever play the game again from our opponents.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Top 10 teams should be able to stomp and take the life out of their opponents will to play, early in a game.
I agree. I think we will get out to a fast start and then have the luxury of getting some early bench minutes in before our starters close it down at the end.

Agreed, we need a ruthless mentality every day. 40 minutes to take the will to ever play the game again from our opponents.
Yes, put your foot on the side of their neck type game, where your opponent begs you to "take the foot off the accelerator." Afterwards they cry to mommy and tell her that the Fighting Illini are really mean and whipped their A**. EVERY game!!

BVD on the sideline. At least he isn't wearing a boot.

I agree. I think we will get out to a fast start and then have the luxury of getting some early bench minutes in before our starters close it down at the end.
To me, that would be crazy. I am not putting my starters back in if I blow out the opponent. Risk injury on a meaningless patsy who I already blew out early? Nah, bench guys get more reps.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
To me, that would be crazy. I am not putting my starters back in if I blow out the opponent. Risk injury on a meaningless patsy who I already blew out early? Nah, bench guys get more reps.
I don't think it will stay a blowout.

AN AnNual rANt:

Dear Illinois Men's Basketball,

Literally *EVERY* video you make does not need editing effects and hip-hop soundtrack. Not only is your utter paucity of creativity annoying, you completely ignore the fact that there are SOUNDS coming from the court that we'd like to hear, not least of which being the players' voices and coaches' instructions. Mix it up a bit for crying out loud!

Sincerely,
One of the millions of people who do not need music piped into and over every freakin' aspect of our lives.

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
Man, how far we've come from the team that lost to Eastern Illinois a few years ago (Go Panthers! (in all other settings)). Hoping to see us comfortably beat the Aggies and then see the Panthers upset Wiscy.

texillwek

🔶🔹🔸🔷
AN AnNual rANt:

Literally *EVERY* video you make does not need editing effects and hip-hop soundtrack. Not only is your utter paucity of creativity annoying, you completely ignore the fact that there are SOUNDS coming from the court that we'd like to hear, not least of which being the players' voices and coaches' instructions. Mix it up a bit for crying out loud!

Sincerely,
One of the millions of people who do not need music piped into and over every freakin' aspect of our lives.
Ice Cube No GIF

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
AN AnNual rANt:

Sincerely,

You know that these are also recruiting tools, right? Most of the kids we recruit like hip-hop and want to imagine themselves in a slick highlight video. It's why most if the high school highlight videos are also heavily edited and feature a hip-hop soundtrack.

AN AnNual rANt:

Sincerely,
Yeah, I hear you. I've always thought, however, that these videos were made more for recruits and/or potential recruits than they were for us. As has been pointed up numerous times, we have very little relevancy to someone who is 16 years old. Or at least it is only now emerging. In that context, I'm not mad at the beats at all!

Deleted member 29907

D
You know that these are also recruiting tools, right? Most of the kids we recruit like hip-hop and want to imagine themselves in a slick highlight video. It's why most if the high school highlight videos are also heavily edited and feature a hip-hop soundtrack.
Are they though? Is that what we're putting out for recruits? Seems more geared toward the fan. I would think game film/highlights would be more relevant and appealing to the recruit than some practice highlights - some of which are fairly mundane unless you have a relationship (fan) with the player.

Are they though? Is that what we're putting out for recruits? Seems more geared toward the fan. I would think game film/highlights would be more relevant and appealing to the recruit than some practice highlights - some of which are fairly mundane unless you have a relationship (fan) with the player.
Lol man recruits aren't out here breaking down film on social media. It's like watching NBA highlights. You just want some quick dose of the game

AN AnNual rANt:

Sincerely,
Getting some very uncomfortable undertones in this post.

It’s pretty simple pops: if you don’t like the beat, turn off the volume while you watch.

Getting some very uncomfortable undertones in this post.

It’s pretty simple pops: if you don’t like the beat, turn off the volume while you watch.

gEtTiNg sOmE VeRy uNcOmFoRtAbLe uNdErToNeS... that's just you bro, not everything is about that. I'm a very young guy and I really like rap music but I'll admit some of the songs they play in those videos are trash. I'm totally fine with music/better music, but hearing more of the sounds of the game would be nice too which I think is the main point.

gEtTiNg sOmE VeRy uNcOmFoRtAbLe uNdErToNeS... that's just you bro, not everything is about that. I'm a very young guy and I really like rap music but I'll admit some of the songs they play in those videos are trash. I'm totally fine with music/better music, but hearing more of the sounds of the game would be nice too which I think is the main point.

So how do you think the team looks so far judging by the videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.