Pregame: Illinois vs North Carolina, Saturday, September 10th, 6:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
Now something I did mention to Illini Brass as well was it would be cool if the Illini, like the Blackhawks, started Fighting Illini charities. And they would have former players sign autographs and take photos for donations going to the local food bank, the foster home that is in Champaign county, local schools, and other types of organizations to bring forward a feeling of good will and a connectedness to the community and fans.

Anyone have any idea how many tickets are left? How about student tickets? A sellout would be amazing.

ZeroDarkThirsty

Stay Thirsty My Friends
United States
2d819xg.jpg

Anyone have any idea how many tickets are left? How about student tickets? A sellout would be amazing.

Just did a very quick scan of the tickets left online:

East Balcony - less than 50 tickets left
East Main - probably around 200-300 tickets left
West Balcony - probably around 100 tickets left
West Main - probably around 100 tickets left

Many of these are single seats by themselves. Horseshoe and North End Zone are both unavailable online. And I'm guessing there's additional tickets blocked for students to buy. But we're definitely getting close! Never would have predicted a sellout this quickly.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Defense definitely needs to step up and be stout against UNC.

Can't wait to for this game. I haven't been this excited to be at Memorial Stadium since the 2011 ASU game. The defense in that one really knocked around Brock Osweiler and a good ASU team in primetime.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar outcome. The defense will play on another level with the crowd behind them. The offense won't be great, but will control the tempo and give us a chance to win it in the 4th quarter.

Can't wait to for this game. I haven't been this excited to be at Memorial Stadium since the 2011 ASU game. The defense in that one really knocked around Brock Osweiler and a good ASU team in primetime.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar outcome. The defense will play on another level with the crowd behind them. The offense won't be great, but will control the tempo and give us a chance to win it in the 4th quarter.

YES! That was a great game. Hoping for a similar outcome.

NC has got their handfuls preparing for a Bull Dozer Defense of Illinois.

On the other side of the ball NC will not stop the run.

This game will come down to special teams- A long field goal-A punt return for a TD etc.

The line has dropped from 10 NC to 7.5 to 8 points favored. That line move tells me a ton of Illinois money is pouring in on the Orange and blue.

Maybe they see I what I see this is going to be a close game.

This game will come down to special teams- A long field goal-A punt return for a TD etc.

The line has dropped from 10 NC to 7.5 to 8 points favored. That line move tells me a ton of Illinois money is pouring in on the Orange and blue.

When was it 10? It opened Sunday at 6.5/7. It's gone against us...

When was it 10? It opened Sunday at 6.5/7. It's gone against us...

It was off shore EARLY LINES AT 10. The Illini are getting 7.5 to 8.0 points as we speak.

Sorry for the confusion.

Illinois will cover this spread in my humble opinion:illinois:

One thing I didn't like against Murray St was our ability to run the ball. Yeah, Foster broke off a couple long ones. But outside of that, we didn't get much going.

One thing I didn't like against Murray St was our ability to run the ball. Yeah, Foster broke off a couple long ones. But outside of that, we didn't get much going.

I feel you on that but did you notice how the passing game thrived off this approach. It will only get better.

This is a loaded talented team being coached up by the best.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
If Joe Spencer plays I'm sure the running game will improve.

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]3w2Z1aYXX6g[/YOUTUBE]

Just did a very quick scan of the tickets left online:

East Balcony - less than 50 tickets left
East Main - probably around 200-300 tickets left
West Balcony - probably around 100 tickets left
West Main - probably around 100 tickets left

Many of these are single seats by themselves. Horseshoe and North End Zone are both unavailable online. And I'm guessing there's additional tickets blocked for students to buy. But we're definitely getting close! Never would have predicted a sellout this quickly.

Just checked again - there is less than 200 total remaining online. Looks like it will be an amazing atmosphere - so wish I could be there! Will be watching on my phone from my son's game.

Just checked again - there is less than 200 total remaining online. Looks like it will be an amazing atmosphere - so wish I could be there! Will be watching on my phone from my son's game.

skip your son's game. He'll understand. :thumb:

Good point. The run doesn't have to be great, just credible. If we can gain 4-6 yards on average in our first 5 run plays, I'll be optimistic about the outcome.

I'm guessing our first play from scrimmage will be a run off the right side. Hopefully it goes for 4-6 yards.

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
I'm totally loving the pre-game hype and build-up. This is the way it should be! We're now looking like a grown-up Power 5 program. Thank you Barb Wilson, JW and LS!

Let's sell out the remainder of our home games! (Clemson students attend all games for free. Perhaps a good role model for us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.