Pregame: Illinois vs North Carolina, Saturday, September 10th, 6:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked again - there is less than 200 total remaining online. Looks like it will be an amazing atmosphere - so wish I could be there! Will be watching on my phone from my son's game.

I'm guessing they'll announce a sellout today then. When you're this close, even if they can't sell the remaining tickets you might as well quietly give them away and then announce a sellout for the PR

FWIW the cheapest ticket on stubhub has shot up from a kind of embarrassing $6 to $15.

CUWPC

Geneva, IL
Well from a marketing standpoint I would take as much footage of this game as you possibly can. If the stadium is full and the crowd is loud it'll be good for any recruiting tapes and hype videos for the future. I just hope the crowd is loud and ready to go.

Well from a marketing standpoint I would take as much footage of this game as you possibly can. If the stadium is full and the crowd is loud it'll be good for any recruiting tapes and hype videos for the future. I just hope the crowd is loud and ready to go.

Like someone else said, this has the feelings for me of the 2011 ASU game. That was a great night. Hope to see a repeat performance.

BZuppke

Plainfield
I remember when the sellout in the 80s were ending (28 straight), the AD gave tickets to groups like the boyscouts.

SampsonRelpenk

Edwardsville, IL
No kidding. I'm sick of looking at photos of that pitiful "Stripe The Stadium" game (I wanna say 2011 vs OSU?).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This is why I like lovie. Even though, I know in my head we have no shot, lovie has me excited to watch the game anyway, with this slight inkling that we have a chance to win.

BZuppke

Plainfield
I thought maybe McGee would have coached against UNC while at Louisville but apparently they didn't play. One thing I would say is that UNC doesn't know quite what we'll do. Hopefully an advantage.

Last edited:

BillyBob1

Champaign
Fair amount of rain tonight in Champaign. Not sure how the grass lots are holding up for parking. We did not get a lot of rain this week, so hopefully they are just fine.

Illinisteve25

Champaign
Can't wait for tomorrow! Starting the day off with a tailgate around noon when the rain stops in Grainge Grove. A free Jerrod Neimann concert should be perfect right before kickoff to get the fans fired up. Stadium will be packed with orange and the energy will be through the roof. Could not have imagined a better situation before the Lovie Smith hire. Good Luck to the team and Lovie as they start to put the ILLINI name back on the college football map! As for my prediction which was very tough, ILLINI: 31 Unc: 17! Home crowd, turnovers, and stellar performance by Lunt and the offense lead this team to an impressive win!

Can't wait for tomorrow! Starting the day off with a tailgate around noon when the rain stops in Grainge Grove. A free Jerrod Neimann concert should be perfect right before kickoff to get the fans fired up. Stadium will be packed with orange and the energy will be through the roof. Could not have imagined a better situation before the Lovie Smith hire. Good Luck to the team and Lovie as they start to put the ILLINI name back on the college football map! As for my prediction which was very tough, ILLINI: 31 Unc: 17! Home crowd, turnovers, and stellar performance by Lunt and the offense lead this team to an impressive win!

From your lips to the ear of the man upstairs!

danielb927

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Fair amount of rain tonight in Champaign. Not sure how the grass lots are holding up for parking. We did not get a lot of rain this week, so hopefully they are just fine.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but IFund members received an email about the parking situation for tomorrow:

Dear I FUND Members:

Due to the large amount of rain the area has received this evening the following changes have been made regarding Illinois football parking on grass pass lots. The University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics thanks you for your cooperation.

Lot 46 – No changes to this lot at this time
Lot 42 – No oversized vehicles will be allowed in this lot. Only normal sized vehicles will be allowed to park in Lot 42. All oversized vehicles will be able to park with their pass in Lots 33 or 45.
Lot 31 – Oversized vehicles with a Lot 31 pass are encouraged to park in Lot 33 free of charge with their Lot 31 pass.
Lot 45 – No changes to this lot at this time
Lot 47 – No changes to this lot at this time.
Gameday parking is available for purchase in Lot 49 and Research Park. The fee is $20 per automobile. Recreational vehicles/motor homes may park in Lot 33 for $40. People are also encouraged to take advantage of the MTD shuttle that picks up at the corner of Goodwin Dr. and University Ave. and drops off at the corner of Kirby Ave. and Fourth St. The fee is $2 for a round trip.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Enjoy the game and GO ILLINI!

21-14 Illini.

A couple breaks go our way this year. We rush for 200. Gunslinger Lunt goes for at least 200. Tobacco growers go home sad.

breadman

Herndon, VA
I'll take whatever the offense can push across the goal line. For me, it's about the senior-led, Nickerson-led defense that needs to shut UNC down. It's all about the defense!

I'm really excited that seats pretty much sold out. Does anyone know how many seats the UNC allotment was? Or did we not even do that? Hoping for the latter but understand its generally the former.

This entire off season I have been on the "keep it competitive and I'll be happy" train. Maybe it's just me getting excited, but the more I've read this week about our teams, the more I like this game.

Screw the (fluctuating) spread! I just need a moneyline on this one - two TDs a piece, McLaughlin splits the uprights twice to one of theirs...and the Fighting Lovies take this one to the bank 20-17.

See you on I-57 everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SalukiIllini

Evansville, IN
Headed to the game all the way from Evansville. Taking my parents who live in champaign. They are super stoked. Gotta pick up some new orange on the way! Let's goooooooo

This entire off season I have been on the "keep it competitive and I'll be happy" train. Maybe it's just me getting excited, but the more I've read this week about our teams, the more I like this game.

Screw the (fluctuating) spread! I just need a moneyline on this one - two TDs a piece, McLaughlin splits the uprights twice to one of theirs...and the Fighting Lovies take this one to the bank 20-17.

See you on I-57 everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sitting right around Illinois +250

I'm hyped and I think this will be a good atmosphere and a competitive game.

I'm trying hard to temper my expectations, so don't think we'll win, but I predict we keep it within 2 scores, which is plenty of improvement from last year.

Heels - 27
Illini - 20

Go Illini :chief:

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
i was at the ASU game in 2011 and it was great time. really felt like the program was on the rise. hope for the same feeling tonight

ZeroDarkThirsty

Stay Thirsty My Friends
United States
ILLINI KRUSH the Tar Heels

20583gm.jpg

Anyone watching Game Day? We were the third pick game for "the Bear." They do them one at a time though and I had to step away for a while. Did I miss it or have they yet to get back to us?

Kramer116

Chicago
Anyone watching Game Day? We were the third pick game for "the Bear." They do them one at a time though and I had to step away for a while. Did I miss it or have they yet to get back to us?

Picked us to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.