Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Saturday, January 18th, 4:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think every game on the Big10 schedule is going to be hard fought
I do not understand a lot of the unbridled optimism
We could of just as easily lost the last two games.
We have massive growth potential, like the little acorn that becomes the oak, but not a team that is going to win game on cruise control.

Not the first time Stripes and Murray have led someone to Tito Puente! Oye!

Kofi will eat up the Cats inside like Garza did yesterday.

Garza against Kofi is the one that I am looking forward too the most actually. Garza always strikes me as the whiner, the kid that takes his ball and goes home, the whoa is me, the cry wolf center of the league...then again, maybe thats just me? Either way Kofi drag that Arse up and down the floor!

Garza against Kofi is the one that I am looking forward too the most actually. Garza always strikes me as the whiner, the kid that takes his ball and goes home, the whoa is me, the cry wolf center of the league...then again, maybe thats just me? Either way Kofi drag that Arse up and down the floor!

This match up and the OSU match up with Caleb Weston will be big time for Kofi.....if Kofi is freshman of the week after those games then our post season chances will be looking good:rock:

This match up and the OSU match up with Caleb Weston will be big time for Kofi.....if Kofi is freshman of the week after those games then our post season chances will be looking good:rock:
Otura of Minny has the best stats and Indiana has a good frosh. Seems like a lot of good centers in the BIG. We would be getting killed without Kofi. Makes you appreciate what Giorgi did last year.

I'd say we should EXPECT - hypothetically, at least - to win at Northwestern. Past that, I predict we will steal one of the following:

at Purdue
at #19 Michigan
at Iowa
at Rutgers
at Penn State

Winning one of those would be great, winning two would be amazing and more than that could literally put us in contention for first place, haha.

left off at ohio state

Kofi will eat up the Cats inside like Garza did yesterday.
I would like to be as optimistic about Kofi offensively, but not sure he quite a developed offensively as Garza. But I really like that The Northside HouseCats starting rim protector and his freshman back up both fouled out against Iowa. And Garza scored 27 while only playing 23 minutes because of foul trouble of his own.

Otura of Minny has the best stats and Indiana has a good frosh. Seems like a lot of good centers in the BIG. We would be getting killed without Kofi. Makes you appreciate what Giorgi did last year.
And Giorgi did it slightly undersized and without any real back up!

I can't do that, Dave.

Not with the fact that I live in Chicago. I need to see them die in person. Also, I'm not one to actually believe I can influence the outcome of a game; I'm not suiting up.

I'll leave you with this: the last Illini home basketball game I attended was last March against Northwestern. We won that one. ;)
And while you're at it, please open the pod bay doors, Hal...

I'm glad we don't have to play at Nebraska. That's a very loseable game that could potentially be seen as a bad loss. Not having to play at Minnesota is also nice. More opportunities for good wins too.

On the other hand, I'm glad we don't have to play at Nebraska. That's a very loseable game that could potentially be seen as a bad loss. Not having to play at Minnesota is also nice. More opportunities for good wins too.
but miss two great opportunities for winnable road games

he quite a developed offensively as Garza

Kofi isn't, but he is far more physical as far as getting to his spots. That alone will cause fouls and Garza floats around alot, this could be where we see alot of switching between Kofi/Giorgi

Kofi isn't, but he is far more physical as far as getting to his spots. That alone will cause fouls and Garza floats around alot, this could be where we see alot of switching between Kofi/Giorgi
Could not agree more

We have massive growth potential, like the little acorn that becomes the oak, but not a team that is going to win game on cruise control.

Didn't say I THINK it will be easy....said I HOPE it is easy :). Virtually every game will be a rock fight (see: RU game) so having one that doesn't push you to the brink is a nice and much needed break...although with a week off I'm a little worried about how we'll start out.

We could just as easily have won the Maryland game and the Miami game too. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, we're dealing with what actually happened, not some alternate reality.

If we didn't already have two "bad" losses, I'd agree with you. However, we can't take on even one more. I'd rather have more chances at quality wins vs another bad loss.
I can't agree more. NW and NEB are absolute must win. Losing a single game to either will likely have huge impact on selection sunday.

Reactions: RML
Status
Not open for further replies.