Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Saturday, January 18th, 4:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we don't repeat last games 29% shooting and NW doesn't shoot 45%+ from 3 pt. range Illini should be ok.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
OK, that leaves Garza and Kofi out of the paint and Giorgi in the paint with Kriener. Works for me.
Kreiners no scrub. I dont think Giorgi can defend him without fouling at all. He might be able to take advantage in the post a bit but take Kreiner lightly at your own peril.

I think it's important going forward that we win comfortably. Don't get me wrong, I will take any win and be ecstatic with a four-game winning streak in the Big Ten. However, I think this team needs the confidence boost before next week's road test, and I think it would help re-enforce that we have truly formed an identity as a winning team.

I like how you think. Let's kick some tail!

Kreiners no scrub. I dont think Giorgi can defend him without fouling at all. He might be able to take advantage in the post a bit but take Kreiner lightly at your own peril.
Agreed, no scrub at all. I just think Giorgi can win the board battle between the two guys. I'm just happy if Garza's not in the post.

Now, I'm as clueless as it gets when it comes to these NET rankings. Seems stupid. We have three high quality wins in a row and we drop. If we blow NW out by 20, do we drop again because they're a quad 3/4 team? I just don't get it. Maybe I'm an idiot for not understanding this, but that's where I'm currently at right now.
It wouldn't surprise me if Missouri and Arizona doing crappy exerts downward pressure as our wins exert upward.

If we take care of business it won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.