Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Saturday, January 18th, 4:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be the typical Illinois letdown game. Then again, I also thought we would lay an egg against Rutgers(which we kind of did but still won so let's not count that.)
But this team is different. We'll take the dub, hopefully by 20+
Illini: 75
Kitties: 59

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH

Great stuff, looking forward to see the updates as the year continues.

I certainly see us as capable of winning 3 of those. I'm also seasoned enough at this to know I shouldn't count it as a sure thing yet...

I want so badly to have that confidence I had that we'd take care of business even in my freshman year (06-07) back...so hopefully this team will be the start of that.

haasi

New York
I don't ever expect this team to lose.
If we win our next three I will jump on that train. @Purdue is an extremely tough matchup- they lost narrowly to Texas at the very beginning of the season in early November but have been dominant at home since.

Purdue is excellent defensively at home and pretty good away. But the huge difference is that Purdue is terrific offensively at home and atrocious on the road. Like top 20 in the country in offensive efficiency at home and bottom 20 (out of 300 plus) on the road. Purdue’s eye opening splits reflect this - 8-1 at home, 1-2 neutral, 1-4 on road. If we contain Purdue offensively at their place and win, that will be a big statement.

My apologies as I do not know where to put this question. But I signed up for the BTN online package to watch a couple of this years early games that were only televised via this online source. I failed to cancel it when it became irrelevant for watching the ILLINI games. Can anyone please help? Again , my apologies for posting here. #24 Baby , been a Long Time! Been a fan since Levi Cobb!

Email request to cancel to btn2gosupport@btn.com

Funny thing, I signed up and then canceled at the end of one month. Saw all of the early Illini games. To this date they have yet to charge my card!!

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL

Funny thing, I signed up and then canceled at the end of one month. Saw all of the early Illini games. To this date they have yet to charge my card!!

I picked the one-month Illini w/ no auto charge option $10 a month and have had no problems.

I

I don't see why not. We destroyed PU and handled Michigan at home. Considering how MSU just played at PU, that seems in play too. I fear no team this season. Bring 'em on!
That’s why I said I do not see more than 3 losses remaining.

My apologies as I do not know where to put this question. But I signed up for the BTN online package to watch a couple of this years early games that were only televised via this online source. I failed to cancel it when it became irrelevant for watching the ILLINI games. Can anyone please help? Again , my apologies for posting here. #24 Baby , been a Long Time! Been a fan since Levi Cobb!

Check out the How To Watch the Illini thread. I posted in there on how to cancel.

I don't see why not. We destroyed PU and handled Michigan at home. Considering how MSU just played at PU, that seems in play too. I fear no team this season. Bring 'em on!
PtownIllini8 is lit:) Love the optimism and fearlessness. I truly hope Ptown can toss smack in 6 weeks..."I told you so..."

@MI, @PU, MSU, @OSU, @RU, @PSU

I don't see us winning 3 of those.
We will be going to Rutgers and Penn State. Saw the dagger that ended Groce’s tenure, then last year’s revenge. We’ve seen three games at PSU, all losses.

I need for both of these games to be wins. If Rutgers continues its current arc, the RAC will be rocking. The fan base is hungry, the RAC is claustrophobic—and loud!—and if there’s such a thing as home court advantage, Rutgers will have that. Can they maintain their record so far?

The Bryce Center is big, and PSU isn’t a basketball school. And their recent results won’t change that. Playing at home Before a half-empty house won’t help the Nittany Lions.

Just my take. Put that data into your personal computational program for what it’s worth

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
I've watched parts of the NW losses to Indiana and MSU. They looked tough in both games. That scares me. Our week long hiatus also concerns me.

However, we won't have an easier game the rest of the regular season. This is the Big 10 game we'll be most favored to win. I think we'll keep riding the momentum we've created. Huge crowd at home. Lots of orange. And I want us to fight and claw to win 3 of the next 4 games. Let's get to 7-3 before the really tough stretch begins.

ILL 67
NW 54

I'm having trouble with BTN+ Signed up in Nov. then canceled later in .Nov. Got response that I wouldn't be billed again. But beginning January got another charge. They got me jumpinthru hoops for a while. Finally referred to my credit card company and disputed charge. TBD

I think time off will impact Illini's offensive efficiency, but defense will get them home with a victory.

Illini 65
NW 59

PtownIllini8 is lit:) Love the optimism and fearlessness. I truly hope Ptown can toss smack in 6 weeks..."I told you so..."
Ye though I walk through the valley of death, I fear no evil, cause I'm walking with the biggest, baddest dude in the frickin' valley!

Counterintuitive, but this game scares me the most out of any remaining on the schedule.

Although we are improving, we are still an up and down team (see shooting % vs. Rutgers), as are most of the teams in the BIG. Any team can beat any other team on a given night. I've really given up on predicting which games we win and lose, knowing that we will win some we didn't expect to win and lose some we didn't expect to lose but no real bad losses. If we continue to play as we've played, chances are good we will go .500ish in our reaming games and finish 10-10/11-9.

This is the only real "bad" loss left out there. We already had bad non-con losses so we can't afford another one, and dropping this one would mean we would need to win an extra Quad1 game, likely on the road, which is proving very, very difficult to do.

We win this one and sit at 5-2, I like our chances of making the dance. But can't come out flat. Gotta guard the perimeter and make NW earn it. They will certainly make us earn it.

73-64 Illini, but it is within 1-2 possessions the whole way and we pull away with some FTs late to make the game seem less close than it was. I hold my breath the entire game.

I think time off will impact Illini's offensive efficiency, but defense will get them home with a victory.

Illini 65
NW 59

The offense has had plenty of problems with efficiency as it is....if time off has an impact on the offense, I hope it's a positive impact

I've also watched parts of a few of the recent NW games. They don't seem uber-talented on the floor, but they can get streaky with their 3-point shooting. They seem to come out solid and play strong for a half or so. Then the talent disparity / depth kicks in and teams pull away.

It'd be nice if we could just cruise to an easy victory in this one (no I don't mean the players on cruise control...I mean being focused so the result is never in doubt after 5 minutes in to the game). Go in to half up by 8-10 and win by 18+.

I've also watched parts of a few of the recent NW games. They don't seem uber-talented on the floor, but they can get streaky with their 3-point shooting. They seem to come out solid and play strong for a half or so. Then the talent disparity / depth kicks in and teams pull away.

It'd be nice if we could just cruise to an easy victory in this one (no I don't mean the players on cruise control...I mean being focused so the result is never in doubt after 5 minutes in to the game). Go in to half up by 8-10 and win by 18+.
PU repeat or Minny last year at home. Get um down in the first 5 mins and then spend 35 mins stomping on them. Need attitude!

I

Personally, I think every game on the Big10 schedule is going to be hard fought
I do not understand a lot of the unbridled optimism
We could of just as easily lost the last two games.
We have massive growth potential, like the little acorn that becomes the oak, but not a team that is going to win game on cruise control.

@MI, @PU, MSU, @OSU, @RU, @PSU

I don't see us winning 3 of those.
Why is everyone complaining? Let's get those three losses out of the way so we go undefeated in the tournament! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.