Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Northwestern
Saturday, November 30th
11:00am CT
FS1

:illinois:

Thank god we're bowl eligible, so we don't have bite our nails all week wondering if Peters will be back or if we'll have to rely on a backup.

If Peters can't go, I wonder if we will see Coran?

I get that they have a familiarity with Robinson, but he’s limited. Want to see at least 1/2 and 1/2 with coran if Peters can’t go and hope the D stifles the mild kitties.

I am not big on Robinson. Coran looks like he can run. Not sure if that works if there is no passing threat. Concussion would likely cause him to be out if that is the diagnosis. Injuries have really hurt us this year.

Deleted member 645583

D
I'm a big fan of George Orwell's (Eric Blair) "1984".

This is "Hate Week" as far as I'm concerned. Beat Evanston U!

What this world doesn't need is more hate; I'm using the world flippantly.

I predict: Illlini 42, Evanston 10 ; may the best team win. But I sure hope it's Champaign U!

Last edited by a moderator:
NW is back where they belong on the bottom of the big ten west, it is so sweat to see Fitz weekly meltdown

I expect this one to be close, with out without Peters.

TeamRankings Logo
Illinois Logo
Illinois Football
Predictions Update
Nov 24, 2019
After losing to Iowa 19-10 yesterday, Illinois is now projected to finish the regular season 7-5 (5-4 Big Ten).
We currently rank the Fighting Illini as the #10 team in the Big Ten (and #53 team in the country).
Next game: Sat, Nov 30 vs. #72 Northwestern. Our power ratings give the Fighting Illini a 75% chance to win.

Would like to see Coran either starting or relief. Seems to have good size and run ability. Throwing and decision making seem more of the question.

NW has had issues scoring, so they will play to make less mistakes and take advantage of ours.
Which QB can put up 25 pts while not allowing NW freebies.

Deleted member 654622

D
Would like to see Coran either starting or relief. Seems to have good size and run ability. Throwing and decision making seem more of the question.

NW has had issues scoring, so they will play to make less mistakes and take advantage of ours.
Which QB can put up 25 pts while not allowing NW freebies.
Don't forget what Matt did against Michigan. I would be extremely shocked if he did not start. But I would love nothing more than to get a 21+ lead going into the second half and let Coran play the rest of the game.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Is Juice 2.0 available? Maybe I missed it but is he out?

If he didn’t play against Iowa, I think he can play against NW and in the bowl game and still keep his redshirt.

Is Juice 2.0 available? Maybe I missed it but is he out?

If he didn’t play against Iowa, I think he can play against NW and in the bowl game and still keep his redshirt.
Would like to see it..but he has been banged up all year and insiders say he is not ready. If Brandon is out in a game we don't have to win it is worth consideration..but if they don't let him throw and mix up play calling on first down, probably not going to work.

I'm a big fan of George Orwell's (Eric Blair) "1984".

This is "Hate Week" as far as I'm concerned. Beat Evanston U!

What this world doesn't need is more hate; I'm using the world flippantly.

I predict: Illlini 42, Evanston 10 ; may the best team win. But I sure hope it's Champaign U!
This is a flippanaration-free zone. There will be no flippanating around here.

Deleted member 654622

D
Current weather showing mid 40s and rain I do believe

Deleted member 19448

D
I would hope a program just now peeking into the realm of the relevant would not take this one lightly. My life of experience as an Illini fan leaves me cautious though especially if Peters is a no go. Tho this game doesn't matter for bowl eligibility, it does matter for perception IMO. Hopefully a big crowd shows up & is sent away happy feelings looking toward the bowl game & 2020.

A rainy day may be ok for the game plan tho as we might go the Purdue game route & just ground and pound all day.

I haven’t watched a second of Wildkitty football this year and I agree they won’t roll over for us, but looking at their season record, we’d have to try our hardest to blow this one.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I’m growing increasingly irate about that Nebraska loss. They barely got by NW and lost to Purdue -.-

I would hope a program just now peeking into the realm of the relevant would not take this one lightly. My life of experience as an Illini fan leaves me cautious though especially if Peters is a no go. Tho this game doesn't matter for bowl eligibility, it does matter for perception IMO. Hopefully a big crowd shows up & is sent away happy feelings looking toward the bowl game & 2020.

A rainy day may be ok for the game plan tho as we might go the Purdue game route & just ground and pound all day.
I think the team will be very ready for 'Chicago's Big Ten team.'

Status
Not open for further replies.