Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Saturday, November 30th, 11:00am CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No inside info here but I wouldn't expect to see several key players on Saturday - Peters, Hansen, Adams, Woods

Those calling for a blowout... where do you think our points will come from? Poor weather, possible backup QB, NW defense is not that bad. 17 points probably wins the game but I don’t see how we score 35+

Defensive scores :)

Those calling for a blowout... where do you think our points will come from? Poor weather, possible backup QB, NW defense is not that bad. 17 points probably wins the game but I don’t see how we score 35+

Agreed. It’s insane that people are expecting a blowout. Check out their scores. They haven’t been blown out much by middle of the pack teams. This is going to be a tight game, but I still like Illinois from the revenge factor.

BZuppke

Plainfield
It will be a blow out if we jump on them early and demoralize them. We’ll score in every way possible, rushing, passing, pick 6, fumble recovered in the end zone, a safety in the 2nd qtr, two, two point conversions and when NW finally scores a TD later in the game we block the extra point and run it back for a score.
Final score 73-6.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
For people acting like Northwestern is the little baby and we're some big powerhouse, in my time of Illinois fandom we've only beaten Northwestern 3x. We've actually only won 4x since 2003.

For us, they're definitely a rival. We never even played Iowa the entire time I was at UIUC. We've never beaten them the entire time I've watched Illinois.

For people acting like Northwestern is the little baby and we're some big powerhouse, in my time of Illinois fandom we've only beaten Northwestern 3x. We've actually only won 4x since 2003.

For us, they're definitely a rival. We never even played Iowa the entire time I was at UIUC. We've never beaten them the entire time I've watched Illinois.
Doesn't seem like a very fun fan base for rivals. Are we supposed to go to downtown Evanston every other year, scouring the bars for a few fans to talk smack to? I hope we can do better

BZuppke

Plainfield
For those of us who came of age in the 1980s, NW was a punch line. Gas should still be under $1 per gallon, Animal House the standard for college behavior and we should annihilate the kitties.

Northwestern is back where it belongs last in the west, and Fitz the most overrated coach in college football can !!!!! all he wants

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_eef5d20a-8ec8-5a8e-bf36-5fb25647e3ca.html

Northwestern, a year removed from playing in the Big Ten championship game, is struggling. The Illini, who are favored by eight points, have a clear chance at beating their rival for the first time since 2014. On top of that, it’s the final game at Memorial Stadium for a senior class that has watched losses pile up before finally breaking through for a bowl game this year.
“We want to send them out regular-season wise on a high note, and it’s our rival, too,” Smith said. “It’s a little more incentive to play your best football. We haven’t beaten them since I’ve been here. We’re a better football team.”
Said senior safety Stanley Green: “We don’t like that team up north and we know they don’t like us. It’s going to be a fun game.”

I think these guys are gonna roll. It would be great to see them get an early lead and be in the groove on both sides of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.