Pregame: Illinois vs Northwestern, Sunday, March 3rd, 5:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin

Last edited:
A loss in this game would justify panic mode in terms of where is this program headed.

While I agree a loss tomorrow would be disappointing TOMORROW, to say it would justify panic mode in terms of where this program is headed?

IMO, where the program is headed in 2019-20 is another year of experience with an actual roster full of BIG talent, adding even more BIG capable talent, in a system that has shown when it's running at full steam can knock off the #17 and #6 teams in the country.

This year, as most of us knew back in October, with a still very young and inexperienced lineup, we would be on a roller coaster all season long. I firmly believe the long term outlook of the program with BU in charge is extremely bright!

With that said, I do feel a decisive win on the horizon tomorrow! Go Illini!

Kofi fills a big hole on this team if Giorgi can play the 4 and I think he can but some changes will have to be initiated in the defense to utilize Kofi. I am just tired of them being out muscled on the boards. Kofi and Giorgi can put a serious hurt with their post moves and I believe they will be able to shoot the jumpers. They can create an open highway to the hoop for the guards as well. Tevian or Alan will play the three even if we land a serious wing IMO.

Illinois opens a 5 point chalk at home my numbers show Illinois by 8. This game reminds of me of a song

Illinois by 8

Yeah! And they are purple!!
Apparently, most importantly, we need to get you back on the road with that certain flight attendant. Have we won since? If you're not scheduled, I'll be reaching out to the scheduler.

I will be very disappointed if we don’t win this one by double digits. Northwestern is not very good. We lost to them when we were not very good either. We have improved significantly since then while NW is still bad. We are at home and should handle them.

Vegas line has moved to -5.5
They read Ayo's quote.

I don't care whether Trent starts or comes off the bench. I just want a team that wins. I suspect if he doesn't already feel that way, he will soon. Part of growing up. That quality is why Feliz is doing such a phenomenal job. And AJ, for that matter.

Feliz is doing such a phenomenal job.

Feliz is the only player on the team who will look to drive the lane. Every time. The rest of them look to get a 3, and sometimes result in an airball. Feliz is fearless.

In Ayo's interview he looked tired. Same for AJ and Georgi. Think these guys have expended a lot of physical and emotional energy getting to being a respected team. It won't surprise me if they are a little flat for the rest of the regular season, although I think they will want to win in front of the home crowd. Hoping they get their second wind by the BTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.