Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois vs Northwestern
Sunday, March 3rd
5:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Should win but have to contain Pardon in the paint. Watched them play the other day and he went off.

illini80

Forgottonia
A must win and the most winnable game left. Take care of business boys.

haasi

New York
We’ve been down a bit lately. Have to put the brakes on that and take control of this one

SKane

Tennessee
I don't have anything against NW or their program. They don't cheat, ILL has historically beaten them, and they are not a threat to recruit players that ILL wants.

On the other hand, I expect that the game will be like a Sherman tank running over a wildcat.

illiniswish09

Northwest Suburbs
This is the start of a pivotal 3 game stretch to end our season. The goal should absolutely be to go 3-0. I’ll take 2-1. 1-2/0-3 is unacceptable imo. But man... go 3-0 and we’re feeling ourselves heading to Chicago.

If there's one team in this conference that's legitimately bad, it's Northwestern. IU may be the most underachieving, but they're at least talented. Northwestern's offense is pretty awful; they've put up >57 points in just two of their last six games...woof! This should be a romping.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
I don't have anything against NW or their program. They don't cheat, ILL has historically beaten them, and they are not a threat to recruit players that ILL wants.

On the other hand, I expect that the game will be like a Sherman tank running over a wildcat.

Meh. They're the little brother that insists they're the big brother. Chris Collins. That high school gym they play in (although I haven't seen it after renovations). Plenty of reasons to dislike the kitties for me.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Meh. They're the little brother that insists they're the big brother. Chris Collins. That high school gym they play in (although I haven't seen it after renovations). Plenty of reasons to dislike the kitties for me.

Yeah! And they are purple!!

Kitties getting beat soundly at home by Minny. They’re going to put up under 50 again lol.

One of the first steps on our way back is to restore the house of paign as a home court advantage. That includes more then an occasional upset at home but NEVER losing to a team below us.

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
One of the first steps on our way back is to restore the house of paign as a home court advantage. That includes more then an occasional upset at home but NEVER losing to a team below us.

agreed. some of that goes to the fans and them helping make SFC a difficult place to play. I have to say I was disappointed in the at the penn state game. I fully understand where we've been the past decade and the obvious implications of that for fans. But even the Krush was not nearly as excited/intense as they should've been - particularly given we've won three straight home games. Obviously more winning will help change that, but the Krush I think needs to step up and make the house of paign known for an intense atmosphere it used to be.

I hope this doesn't come off as an armchair fan going as far out as judging other fans, because that's not the intention. I'm just trying to provide observations/feedback and getting the beloved back to where they belong! :illinois:

agreed. some of that goes to the fans and them helping make SFC a difficult place to play. I have to say I was disappointed in the at the penn state game. I fully understand where we've been the past decade and the obvious implications of that for fans. But even the Krush was not nearly as excited/intense as they should've been - particularly given we've won three straight home games. Obviously more winning will help change that, but the Krush I think needs to step up and make the house of paign known for an intense atmosphere it used to be.

I hope this doesn't come off as an armchair fan going as far out as judging other fans, because that's not the intention. I'm just trying to provide observations/feedback and getting the beloved back to where they belong! :illinois:
Maybe my memory isn't all that great, but it seems to me that ever since we started calling the Hall the 'House of Paign', the program has steadily dropped in quality. I don't believe we were calling it that back in 2005. Somebody came up with that moniker the next year or two later. That's my recollection, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.